

OK, so even though this happened a month ago, I still must journal this wonderful event on my blog. Now we have all seen the office episode when there is a bat trapped in the office, and dwight, the animal control expert takes matters into his own hands. And of COURSE we have all seen the wonderfuly crafted season premier for this year....
Anyway-- we all laugh, because these senarios seem very unreal.... think again. About a month ago, our entire staff recieved an e-mail discussing that there was a bat incident on our school campus and we all recieved instructions titled "Bat procedures." At first, I thought this was a joke. it wasn't. I guess bats carrying rabies is a real issue. I guess a couple of years ago, a teacher at a school was attacked by a bat in his classroom that carried rabies. He became very ill, but don't worry, he recovered.
Anyway, we had a "BatMan" expert ( animal control personal) come to our school and talk to the children about bats, and other rabie carrying animals. It ws very informative.
I know this is a serious serious issue, but I still can't picture merideth screaming and while dwight throwing a garbage bag over her head.
Thank goodness for charities like the micheals scott foundations who are fighting for the cure for rabies.....
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! what a funny story! That is great! It made my day. I still haven't seen the Dwight episode yet, but I have seen the season 4 premier! Hilarious!
I think Meridith with a bag on her head is hilarious, and it's even more funny that you had someone talk to you at your work about it. I love the office little "real life subtleties" like the who/whom argument the entire office had during one of michael's "meetings." I was ROLLING!!! (geeky english major in me) by the way, I tagged you. Go to my blog and copy and paste the info. Nobody's really commenting mine. I'm scared everyone hates me now because I came out of the closet as a democrat :(
I would be so scared being in your school! I have a super fear of rodents, that includes flying ones like bats. That episode of the office was SO funny but I was almost having a panic attack for Meredith with the bag over her head and the bat stuck in there!! I know, I am such a wimp! ;)
Post a Comment