Robert, Benjamin and I started our trip up to Wichita, KS, Aug 2nd, after I had to take my Texas State Certification tests. Umm, that’s a story in itself. What a terrible day. I was so sleep deprived, and to top it off I missed my first test, because on the test ticket. The test ticket had the testing address (but, they did not specify which University Houston location it was at). So I just typed the address that was on the test ticket and got directions on map-qwest right? So I showed up early, like they said to, and apparently the wrong testing location... (by the way, the testing centre was the same room number as the one on the ticket). Apparently I was not the only test taker who made this mistake, any by the time we found the right testing location, I was 10 mins late for the test, and I was unable to take the test. So the other girl and I are trying to fight for a refund, we are still fighting with the ETS testing people. It is ridiculous. Anyway- took my other 5-hour test in the afternoon, and felt so brain dead after it. javascript:void(0)I haven't taken a 5-hour test since BYU. Needless to say, I passed with flying colours, even though I had no clue what Texas education laws were-- but I'm not complaining.
After that fiasco, the only good thing about that day is that we were able to see my good teaching buddy from Lehi Jr. high, Susan Thurman and her family. We drove through Fort Worth on our way to Wichita KS and stayed the night. It was so fun to see Susan, and meet her new little guy, Parker.
The next day we drove up to Wichita, rob left the following day to return to Houston and then on Thursday my parents, Benjamin and I went to visit my sister in Fargo. We stayed with them for about two days before heading up to the motherland, beautiful Canada.
Daddy & Benjamin say goodbye at my parents house.
Benjamin doing his favorite thing-- taking a bath (at grandma gail's). Funny thing-- I would take baths in that same baby tub when I was a kid.
2 comments:
Wow, he is a seriously cute kid laura!!!!
He is so cute!!! I love your blog background so much!
Post a Comment