Robert surprised me a couple of weeks ago with a BIG surprise. Rob was going to be going to Morocco for a geology field trip. I know, he always gets to go to cool places all in the name of school work! Not to many majors in university I know of are able to pull that off-- all in the name of education. Anyway, he was going to be gone for 2 weeks. He found out that a couple of other students were going to be postponing their return flight to travel around Europe. Robs original flight was leaving from Paris, France. Well lo and behold, there were some freaky cheap flights round trip to Paris for about 400 dollars. Rob surprised me with a 7 day trip to Paris, France. Being an Art major and never have been to Europe, this has always been one of my life long dreams. I gave up an opportunity to do a Painting study abroad in England right before we got married. It was either a study abroad program or a teaching internship--- and well, I couldn't pass up the latter. (Which turned out to be the smartest decision I have ever made-- besides marrying Robert).
Anyway-- I apologize in advance for the length of these posts-- this is more journaling, but I promise that there will be lots of pictures!
All I can say it was more amazing than I could of imagined, and that it was worth every penny. I am glad that my husband was smart enough to snatch up this once in a lifetime opportunity, because I don't think that we will ever be able to do it again for so cheap!
It was also the first time that we were without Benjamin! Don't worry; our child didn't miss us at all. My mom came down to take care of him for 9 days (thanks so much AGAIN mom!). Lets just say Benjamin had such a great time with my mom! They went to the park EVERYDAY; Benjamin learned how to say grand-mamma-mamma- lets just say a dose of grandma Gail is good for any child. My mother works miracles with children! My mom even got him to stop throwing his food on the floor (thank you a million times over). And started planting the seeds of potty training (ever time benjamin poops, he runs to the toilet and flushes it). He even learned how to whistle-- really I am not over exaggerating! The only thing we need to work on now is teaching him to sit still for more than 1 min.
1 comment:
That is amazing Laura! Paris is a beautiful place...I am jealous of your bed and breakfast, that does look like something out of a movie. So romantic looking. I am SO glad that Rob treated you to such a cool get away. Can't wait to see more pictures. I think you and Rob do look like you fit right in in Europe.
All your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment