Benjamin was officially 15 months on the 15th of this month :)
Its amazing to me how much he has learned or is learning these past 2 weeks. It seems like he is trying to talk a lot more. But has been really amazing is to see his little, or should I say Big personality coming out.
He is FULL of energy. He is such a happy kid, who loves to make friends with everyone. He likes to be independent as possible. He doesn't like me to even try to feed him food. He can only do it. He is very good at asserting himself. When he doesn't want to go somewhere, he flops down on the ground, limp/stiff. To describe him in one word would be BUSY.
Just to give you an Idea-- here is what today was like:
Today he was so fun! This morning when he woke up he had alot of energy. He was running around the room in circles, shaking his head and slapping his stomach and laughing up a storm. He'd fall down, and laugh and laugh, and then get up again to do it again. He was just being so silly. Lately he has started to help me "pick-up" around the house. While I was cleaning up some shredded paper, (that he had drawn on and later tore) he came over and started handing me pieces of shredded paper to put in the garbage. He even grabbed little tiny pieces of paper and handed them to me. It was wonderful to have him help me.
This afternoon, I missed the window of opportunity for his afternoon nap, but tried to put him down anyway... at least to have some quiet time. On the baby monitor I hear this chatter, chatter, squeak squeak squeak (him turning the bars on his crib), chatter, cry, cry, chatter for about 35mins later. I go in his room to find this naked baby leaning on the bar of his crib-- smiling at me. I find all of his toys, blankey sippy cup-- everything (included the diaper, which was thrown half way across the room) on the ground. Surprise, surprise--- his sheets were soaked with, I can only guess what.
Dinner time rolled around- I asked Benjamin if he was hungry. As soon as I stepped into the kitchen to pull out left overs for dinner, Benjamin comes speeding in, pushing his highchair right to me!
Its been fun to see him grow so much these past few weeks. I am sure Rob will be surprised to see how much he has changed!
4 comments:
learning to take of their diaper... one of the worst days. I made the mistake of putting Allison down for a nap pants-less one. Won't EVER happen again. =)
Sounds like he's keeping you busy. :) When does Rob get back?
Such a funny posting. I love the nap story. It cracked me up. :)
Hey Lar!
I loved catching up! SO FUN that you got to see Michelle! You both look fabulous! I miss our little quintet! I cannot believe that we're coming up on...Eight years now?
Your family is beautiful and your little boy a sweetheart! I love seeing what you're up to and how happy you are! Love ya!
Post a Comment