So........... I am trying to get some pictures done for a friend for a book that she is writing--- here are some samples.... Ummm I feel bad b/c this is totally out of my domain for me. I have really struggled to figure out how I would do this. I am normally a colorist/abstract girl. I can't believe that I am posting this-- other than for my sister to see them. Please keep in mind that these works are in process, and ever changing. So far I only have two done. (sorry) This week will be a week of BINGE painting.
this one is not finished yet


this one is done! Just needs to be scanned and text!
* maybe one of these days I will post pictures of my actual work/portfolio..
7 comments:
Nice job Laura, I like the colours in the bottom one!
You are hiding your awesome talent Laura!! I know how you feel about being out of your element on illustrating. I have been asked several times to do paintings for books by relatives, I just do not have the confidence. You are brave and you did some AWESOME work. I love the style of them. They look like they were fun to do. I can totally see you making your own kids book with the cutest pictures ever and some cool story. I would buy all of your books.
We miss you guys tons and tons. Hope you are not burning yourself out with your moonlight work. Give cute Benjamin a hug for us.
Love you!!
I love them!
Those pictures are awesome! Great job.
How cool. The paintings look great. I can't wait to see the book all finished. Yes, do post some of your other paintings. I would love to see them.
Laura, I don't know why you are being so self-conscious about it! They look so awesome!!! I wish I had the talent you have! They really look great and cute!!
Laura, these are FABULOUS! I can't wait to see the rest! Yea!
Post a Comment