Sunday, April 3, 2011

LETS GO FLY A KITE



The past month or so at Costco they have been selling kites for $12.50. Maybe its the inner child, but I have really wanted an excuse to buy a kite. I mean come on? they were only 12.50 for a decent kite!
I have such fond memories of spending time with my father flying kites. I've mentioned it to Rob a couple of times "how cool it would be" to fly kites, but I never got around to purchasing one.

For our date this week, Rob and I went to Costco to buy a kite. Sadly, they didn't have any sweet 'pirate ship' kites left, but we settled the "star.
It was so fun having a little picnic with Rob and flying the kite. It was ridiculously fun! So fun, that on saturday we all went for a family bike ride to Rice university and flew the kite. Sadly, the wind was VERY touch and go, but Benjamin loved it! He did quite a good job flying it all by himself!



I apologize for the 'over enthusiasm." In the near future, I am sure I will be "that" parent at my kids sporting events.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Looks so fun! Every time we go to Costco now Justin wants to see the "Bee-Der fly"(butterfly)kite! There is just something about it, he is obsessed with. If I wasn't 37 weeks prego with a sprained ankle. I would totally get one too. Weve been having some great wind here too, Kites are so fun!

Christina Bassi said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love being outdoors. Your star kite looks really cool. We tried to fly a kite with Dominic one time and by the time we were ready to launch the wind decided to stop so Brian just ran with it as fast as he could to get it to fly. Dominic still had fun. It was an exhausting way to fly.