I love Halloween!
Not in the "blood and gore" creepy kind of way, but the "fun, innocent, dressing up" kind of way... It could also be because the first time I met Rob was at a singles ward Halloween dance at BYU... Who knows. Heck, any excuse to have a party kind makes me love anything!
Rob and I were talking about how Halloween is kind of a strange tradition. I mean if you were coming from a country or a culture that does not celebrate it, the concept of hanging ghosts from a tree, cobwebs all over your house and dressing up in the most tackiest costumes might seem a little strange. So, I'll admit, I am kind of nerd and like to look up useless information. I looked up where these traditions came from and I think I'll just ignore that part of history and just enjoy the innocent "pin the nose on the pumpkin" parties that I like to put on for my kids.
Anyway, my original idea for a costume was to dress up as kate middleton-- I can not lie, I was seriously excited about that. But, I ran out of time because of the move, so I thought I would just blow it off for another year.
The kids had a lot of fun this year. We had a little halloween party (last min), we went to Isacc and Haileys Halloween/birthday party, and then Halloween night. By the end, I was done with halloween :)
The kids loved trick or treating!It was a fun night. They were so wiped out by the end of it. Having kids makes holidays that much more magical! I just love the both of them so much!
| The princess receiving the royal treatment! mosquitoes were so bad this year! |
| I think I have the cutest little boy ever! |
3 comments:
You guys are beautiful! I love Halloween too!
So glad you found a place to rent. Houses are way better than apartments. So much more space. Your kiddos are getting so big! They are as cute as ever.
you kids are so cute! its so fun when they start to understand the holidays. it makes them much more exciting!
Post a Comment