Novemeber:
We had my mom and dad come down for thanksgiving. Sadly, my mom had a kidney stone attack, so the trip was made short....
Had amazing thanksgiving dinner at the sals home. I think it was the best dinner I've had!!! Lynda did an amazing job of entertaining so many and there was more than enough food to go around!
Rob's work continues to be insane.... every few weeks he is having to work 24 hour shifts to watch drilling.... that wasn't part of the job description, but rob has done well doing what is asked of him.
December:
Seemed to fly by. Rob had his birthday on the 4th, and we had his sisters and their families over for home made spaghetti sauce and meatballs and kiersta made a wonderful dessert. We made way to much food, so we ate spaghetti and meatballs for the next 3 days (lunch and dinner). Surprisingly we couldn't seem to get enough of that stuff!
I had good intentions. The first week of December i thought I was on top of everything! I had half of all my christmas cards ready to go and half of my christmas baking done. Then, it wentsouth after that.
Life got busy. The kids were sick. Christmas parties. Then I got super sick with a terrible sinus infections. I was so sick Rob had to take a couple of days off to take care of the kids. Before I knew it, Christmas was almost here! In a mad panic, I finally got my cards mailed and had to do a lot of on-line Christmas shopping for gifts because I was running out of time.
We then headed up to Wichita, KS to spend the Christmas vacation with my parents. It was so nice to have a longer visit with them, especially since their visit at thanksgiving was cut short. My parents were so kind and helped with the kids a lot. Robert and I even got to go out on lots of dates-- even got a overnight get away! My mom made amazing meals, and of course an amazing Christmas and New Years Dinner. My dad also made his special spaghetti and meatballs (which I don't know if I can ever replicate because it is so good) and his yummy omelets.
The kids were in heaven.
Benjamin adores his grandpa dave. Everyday, my dad and Benjamin would play trains (I secretly think my dad was enjoying every min of it too!). Vera loves her grandma Gail. It might be that my mom is the only one that really understands everything Vera wants and says.... it also could be that my mom gives Vera 3 helpings of strawberries with whipped cream after every dinner.
We also went to the exploration Museum which the kids loved!
It was nice to have a break from the regular routine of big city life, and to have a low key vacation.
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had some time to just relax at your parents. It's crazy how fast December flies by. Glad you guys had a nice Christmas!
Post a Comment