Thursday, May 3, 2007

Jr. high

Well for the past two years I have been teaching jr. high.... can I just say that it is probably the most awkward stage in our lives that most people seem to automatically block from their memory. (Note: I don't think that utah girls ever have an awkward stage of life, they are very much aware of the latest fashions and utah hair styles---)
Anyway--- This year I am hoping to retire from teaching in utah (due to moving)..... so I decided to post some of my most memoriable moments as a jr. high teacher.



1. A student telling ME that I had a choice: I could give his cell phone back or he would make my life a living hell ( *laughs* 2 seconds late they were on their way to the office..)

2. Jr. high kids volume goes from loud to louder....

3. Two kids wrestling in the mud at alpine days admists hail and rain. Then proceeding to slide down the ice hill toe "clean off"

4. Homeschooled children

5. Student slithering across the classroom floor to avoid being tardy

6. The lunch lady mistaking me as a student.

7. Working with the Awesome Track Distance team ( and forgetting to hit start when timing them on the mile--opps!)

8. One of my students asking me when I was going to start to have children.... (am I really that old?)

9. Working with prodigy artists....

10. getting a sweet large paycheck every month!!!!

Actually I have really enjoyed working my students! They are so much fun! There are many times when I have to try very hard not to laugh..... They're awesome kids!!!!! Its a bitter sweet job....

1 comment:

Sarah Beck said...

This is so cute/funny!