Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Mine is a house of ORDER..."

Well robert and I started off the new year great--- both of us were sick with this "flu like" thing... so the first few days were us eating crackers, lipton soup and jello for three days.... Anyway-- we were excited to get our lives and house in order before our little boy comes. Maybe I was experiencing the "nesting" phase of pregnancy, but since our chaotic move to houston rob and I have really never gotten out lives or home or personal scheduals in order. I love it because now our bedroom is finally together... pictures are up and all.






The babys clothes are all washed and hung, his bassenet is all together (thanks to my mom and sister for baby stuff) and kiersta for the finishing touches--- I think we can say we are ready for the baby to come. I just figured that we should have it all ready, because in the next couple of weeks I am not sure how much energy I will have to get it done.





Rob and I also were able to set family and personal goals and get everything.....our home and finaces in order. It is the best feeling to be organized. I spent three days non-stop organizin and cleaning. I sometimes think that I could be borderline OCD, because I LOVE having a place for everything!!!!



We started our "Home Blessing" sheet, which helps robert and I keep up on our daily cleaning and Ten min tidys! This weekend it was such a relief to have everything clean--- and instead of spending Saturdays cleaning and running errands it was relaxing. It is so much easier to maintain a home, instead of constanting trying to clean it up!!! ( and granted we don't have little kids running around tearing up the house.. yet....)

6 comments:

Jason said...

Laura, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but blogging about your spiritual and temporal goals is a little blognerdy. I'm happy for you though. Take good care of my god-son.

Make sure Rob does his ten minute tidies. I always tried to get him to when we were roomates but he's just so stubborn.

Sarah Beck said...

maybe i should make up one of those lists...hmmm......

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

How Wonderful! I have been trying to do this since the new year started and I haven't gotten to the point you are at! You are so inspiring I'm gonna really do it now! I like how you call it home blessings! Have you read the flylady.net you would love it! I'm OCD when it comes to cleaning and organizing too. I would love it if you would email me your address. I have a little something I would love to send for your little one!

Melea said...

Wow, what a great idea! You will have to fill me in on this idea and how it works if you have time. I would love to do somehting like this so I feel more organized, which I really lack right now. A baby changes everything, but I love it! You will too. I am so excited for you two! Jeff says to say hi to Rob. We miss Jambas and funny stories.:)

Kathryn Lichfield said...

Laur! I'm so excited for you! Your baby stuff is so cute! Good to talk to you tonight!