Sunday, January 13, 2008

34 weeks and still feeling good....





So robert and I have about only 6 more weeks before our lives change forever. This last week I started back at school, and lets just say my little belly is no longer little. Over chrsitmas break this kid just grew. All of my students would comment on how big the baby has gotten. And yes-- I am starting to feel the effects of it. I went to the doctor this week and she said that I'm almost there and that everything is measuring great. She also told me that the baby has started to "drop." But she re-assured me that she's not concerned, because if he hadn't started to drop yet, that meant that he was a big baby. Lets be honset, I think genetically its kind of impossible for robert and I to produce a child that was "large in stature."

Over christmas my mom tried to tell whitney and joshua that I was having a baby. Whintey looked almost appalled... but quietly said... "oh...." You could tell that she couldn't quite figure out how it was possible that a baby was in me... I'm she she was wondering if I have eaten a baby. But she would inquire about the baby asking " what is he doing right now?" What does the baby eat?"

I asked whinety what the babys name is, and she said :" I don't know...... James...." (we don't know where she got that name from... but every time we would ask her, she would always give the same response. It was cute.
By- the-way- our child seriosuly remains nameless. Robert and I still have 6weeks to think of one.
Can I just say I LOVE my sisters kids---- joshua and whintey are the cutest kids EVER!

14 comments:

Casey Redd Kennington said...

You look tired, Laura. I think a cool name would be "Trebor" (Robert backwards). Thirty-four weeks is a happy place to be in your pregnancy. We're so excited for you two! I can't quite describe the new emotions we've felt for each other and for our little girl.

April said...

You look so cute and so does your home. Isn't it so fun to have everything put together? Love it!

Good luck with the next couple of weeks. Push hard. That's what one of my student's moms told me when I was pregnant, I thought it was a weird thing to say, but maybe it'll inspire you! :)

Sarah Beck said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog. I hope you'll updated it more when baby James comes along:) Only 6 more weeks to go. And then I guarantee you'll do anything to get that baby out. I can't wait until I have a nice cute decorated place like you. Only 6 more months right? Then I'll have at least enough room to put everything!

Vanessa and Raymond said...

Laura! You look great, and everything looks in order and ready to go! I went to Oklahoma and had a baby shower for Shayla over the weekend...you two are just about neck and neck. Her due date is now the 17th! Who's going to win?!?! Enjoy!

Vanny

Trisha said...

You look like one cute pregnany lady to me! My stomach stuck out so far that I still look back at pictures and cringe.

Michelle said...

You are SO incredibly cute pregnant, it almost makes me hate you! :) I am 3 months along and I don't look nearly that cute and my belly has barely begun to stick out!

Emily said...

Laura! I can't believe you have only six weeks left, you look awesome! And please forgive Jason for any comments he has made on your blog or any that he will make in the future. I'll try to train him. I hope we'll get to go visit you guys someday!

PS Jason is a great boy's name. So is Emilio.

Rosie said...

you are so cute pregnant! Good luck finding a name... its hard when you're a teacher, huh? My husband's brother suggested "claudio" to us... you're welcome to it... we won't be using it (and I won't be offended if you done use it either... it means "lame"). =)

Whitney said...

Hey!
Yes here is the update on the ward. The Tracey's had a little boy. They named him Brigham. Hes 2 weeks I think. Melynda is having a little girl! Horray! We are so happy for them. She is at 24-25 weeks and doing great!I don't know if the Dallons, they just had a little girl like 2 days ago. Her name is Emma. Shonnalee is expecting in May I think. Krystal and Jose have a little girl named Kylee. (I think she is about 2 mo.) The Talbers have baby Connor (3mo) The Buckwalters are back and they have a little boy. The Hipples have baby Cala (2-3mo) And you know about Kenningtons. It is so crazy there are babies everywhere! But its really fun too! Please send your address so I can send a little package for you little guy. my email is whitney_larson29@hotmail.com.
Love YA!

Kelly said...

6 more weeks! YAY! You look great by the way. You are a cute preglet lady! I'm glad you feel so organized and have everything ready. Good luck! We miss you!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! You look great. I just came across your blog and didn't even know you were pregnant. You are going to be the best mom. How is Houston treating you? Rochester Minnesota sure is cold lately. :)

Sarah said...

Laura you look so cute!! Seriously, you are adorable. And enjoy the next few weeks, you and Rob should go on as many dates as possible. Go to movies, dinner, anything and enjoy your time together without interruptions ;) I am SO excited for you guys and your little guy!!

Emily said...

Laura and Robert, hopefully you will remember us, this is Emily and Scott Norton - we used to live in your ward at Wymount. Someone from Wymount found our blog and it opened up a ton of new family connections that we haven't heard from in so long. We loved seeing your pictures and reading a few of your updates. Congratulations on your new baby on the way! We had a baby boy this summer and if you happen to find time to visit, you are always welcome. www.nortonfamily.us
Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Um Laura you are the cutest pregnant woman ever! This is Erica Anderson, Kathy's sister-in-law. I always thought you were so sweet. I can't wait to see what your little babes looks like. Take care.