Our lives will change forever.
Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Robert and I have been busy trying to get everything ready before baby boy comes along. We didn't pack our bags for the hospital, until about a week ago, because the doctor informed me that we probably should. Anyway--- even though I have started to dilate a bit...I figure that this little guy is going to come right at 40 weeks--- which is fine with me. I still feel pretty good, and for maternity leave reasons... the later he comes the better! I feel super blessed! I really think that the lord is helping me get though each day of work with the energy that I need. It’s amazing. I know that everyone says that the last month of pregnancy is terrible... but I think working up to the day of delivery helps a lot... because when I'm at school and teaching, I don't have time to think about my aches and pains. I don't even have time to sit down.
Anyway-- rob has been AMAZING.... our freezer is stocked with frozen meals. Last wed Robert and I made 3 frozen lasagnas. Today Robert made a huge vat of homemade spaghetti sauce and 20 breakfast burritos that we will freeze. Crazy? --- Maybe... but we do like our economical and tasty homemade food.
Speaking of economical... Robert and I are so proud of our latest purchase. Robs camera of 6 years decided to die. It served us well, but we had to buy a new one because it would be a tragedy if we went to the hospital and had no camera. All I can say is that its awesome, and we got a sweet deal on it.
This week:
- Rob took his prelim exam for grad school, and if he passes then he can finally start on his research. His project involves the retreat of the western Antarctic ice sheet. I'm sure he did just fine on his exam-- but it’s a nice thing to have out of the way.
- I met my long-term sub for my maternity leave... she’s awesome. She has taught school for 20 years, and was principal for some of that. I have no doubt in my mind that my kiddos won't be taking advantage of this sub-- in fact they might be better behaved after she’s been there for 6 weeks.
- I was so proud today, because I painted my own toenails... French manicure style.... Amazing-- considering I am 38 weeks along and they look pretty darn good!
11 comments:
Way to go with getting all that food made in advance! Yall are on the ball! I'm happy for you that you got your toe nails painted by yourself at this point. I'm sure your feet look beautiful. Nice job. =) What kind of camera did you get?
I'm so excited you got a new camera
I'm also very impressed you have all that food made AND your nails painted AND you teach full time. You're wonder woman. Dustin and I are happy you updated your blog - we were just commenting the other day how we wanted to know how you guys are doing! Keep us posted!!
You're in our thoughts and prayers. You'll make wonderful parents; just look at what you've done already. Good luck with everything!
You seriouly are super woman! I really don't know how you do it.
I'm glad you updated the blog too, I was losing track of time and wondered if you had had baby Jason already! I am way impressed you french manicured your own toes, that is hard to do even when you're NOT pregnant! Good luck with those upcoming weeks!
I remember feeling EXACTLY like you do when I was there! Such an amazing thing to finally meet your baby! Your little boy is so lucky to be joining you! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything went! Good luck!
Congrats about the new camera! So fun!
I am amazed that you can paint your toenails french manicure yourself at 38 weeks! I can't even do that not being pregnant! And you guys are so, so smart to be making food and freezing it, I am so impressed! You guys are so awesome, I am so excited for you and your new little guy!!
I'm happy you're feeling great, and doing well. I can't wait to see your baby!
I'm so excited for you... you're so smart to put a bunch of meals in the freezer! I would HIGHLY recommend the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" to you now... great book... it will help you understand your baby alot. I expect TONS of picture posted soon after your little angel joins you! =)
I found your blog through Heidi's blog -- hope you don't mind me peeking! Congrats on the baby boy who's coming soon (or maybe is already here...?)! Looks like you guys are doing well. We're having a baby in March, so I'm right behind you...it's nice to see other people that I know going through the same interesting/fun/not fun job of being pregnant! Good luck with everything!
-Julianne (Clay) Weaver
Post a Comment