Sunday, February 24, 2008

A New Kind of Burrito-- Roberto Style

Rob is a man of many talents. I won’t bore you with listing ALL of them… but one thing is for sure rob is amazing at making breakfast burritos. Before Benjamin came, rob made about 20 breakfast burritos to store in the freezer so that we would have some ready to go.




Well, Rob is not only the master of making burritos, but he can bundle Benjamin up in the tightest burrito baby wrap. Benjamin is a squirmy kid, and whenever I wrap him up, he makes light of it, and wiggles out… on the other hand when daddy wraps him up—he doesn’t have a chance of moving out of that burrito.

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Baby Burritos! The tighter the better!

Jules said...

Ah, that baby bundling is such a life-saver. Both my kids loved it! Helped them sleep better. (Cute background change! They have some other cute ideas at the website "cutest blog on the block" if your interested).

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'll try you again this week. I'm dying for more details about your mommyhood.

Whitney said...

You inspire me Laura! I'm going to make things in bulk and freeze them so I don't have to cook as often. And figure out what I'm going to fix for dinner. PLEASE send me your address! I have you package all ready to go. whitney_larson29@hotmail.com

April said...

What a cute little burrito bundle! Hope things are going well for you and your little family!

Rosie said...

love the baby burrito. Hope you're doing well and getting as much sleep as you possibly can!

Emily said...

Baby burritos are delicious.

Melea said...

Alright! Jeff was our professional burrito wrapper too! He still is...No matter how hard I try and how much I tuck, Maddox wiggles free.

Sarah Beck said...

nothing is cuter than a sleeping baby!

Trisha said...

Guys always seem to be better at making baby burritos.

Brittany H. said...

Congrats, by the way. Your boy is precious! Kevin wrapped Claire up before I took her into the airport a couple weeks ago, and three people thought she was a doll--which leads me to believe that people really do talk without thinking...

Shayla said...

Congrats Laura and Robert! Vanessa gave me your site so that I could see pictures. We had a son the day after you. How funny! We will have to story swap.

Shayla Udall

Whitney said...

I changed my blog to sewmakeme.blogspot.com
just thought I'd let you know. I apologize if it screws up your link or google reader.

Whitney

Tammy said...

Bryan was the pro at the baby burrito too, only we used the very old fashioned term of swaddling. Rob will have to share his recipie for breakfast burritos with us--Janai tends to exit without breakfast a little too often. Benjamin is perfect! I wish we were closer.

Sarah said...

The sleeping Benjamin Burrito is the sweetest thing! I love the super tight swaddled baby wrap, my babies have slept so much better all burritoed up :) I can't believe Rob's burrito skills! Seriously, a freezer full of yummy homemade breakfast burritos? That's awesome! Hope things are going well for you and your new little family! :)

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Laura -- This is Emily Hill Ames (from freshman year)! I found your blog through Kathy's and was SO excited! Congratulations on Benjamin -- he is beautiful! We're actually expecting our first in August, so seeing pictures of your little guy just made me so much more excited! It looks like you guys are doing so well in Texas -- what fun adventures! I can't wait to be blogging buddies -- this is gonna be great!

Ryan & Kiersta said...

Hey guys the little man is so cute... and he really looks like Hendrix. We miss you guys tons and wish we could hug and kiss Benjamin...love ya tons, Kiersta