Tuesday, July 15, 2008

5 Months Old


TodaY benjamin is 5 months! In the past couple of weeks, he has started to really develop or fine-tune some of his "skills."
He has managed to work rolling in his favor. He has become very aware of his surroundings and is very curious. He is always on the move, grabbing anything and everything he can. He has made changing his diaper very difficult at times because he is so busy trying to grab everything around him while getting a new diaper on. He has started to do mini push-ups getting his little belly off the ground. Its interesting to watch him play on the floor... when trying to move closer to a toy, (over a period of time) he will actually scoot backwards, moving further away from his toy. He can roll from his tummy to his back and visa versa. Recently, while robert and I eat dinner, he watches us, and every piece of food that enters our mouth. He is obsessed with water bottles. Tomorrow I'm thinking of starting rice cereal with him, we will see how that goes. He is getting so big, last week he graduated from his bassinet to his crib.
We love you benjamin so much and we are so proud of you! We are so glad you are apart of our little family!

Big Boy crib!

Little busy kid. I left him for 5 secs and this is what I came back to see... him tearing apart his arch. What can I say? he's a boy.

6 comments:

April said...

FIVE months! Crazy how fast it goes, huh? He is seriously adorable! He looks sooo comfy in his crib too!

How are things going?

Sarah Beck said...

You are coming to my favourite days of babyhood 6-7 months. Then after that, all hades breaks loose.

Casey Redd Kennington said...

These past few posts are excellent. What a kid and what a family you have there! I hope things are going well for Benjamin and Laura and that Rob is loving grad school. We miss you guys!

Sara and Dustin said...

Those pictures of Rob with Benjamin are priceless. They are really, really cute!! Are we going to see you guys this Christmas?

HJolley said...

i feel like you just had him yesterday; that's crazy!! you are doing such a great job i hear! i'm not surprised in the least.

Michelle said...

I LOVE that first picture of you and Benjamin! So cute!