Sunday, January 18, 2009

I know this is kind of a month late----

I know, I know-- I have been really bad about blogging... I have been trying to work on benjmains babybook/journal (records events, milestones ect) of benjamins first year! My mom ( who is amazing) made baby books/ childhood journals for my sister an I. As a child, and now as an adult I love looking back and reading through the journaling of important events, ect of my life. So, I thought I would carry on this gift for my own children. Because, although I have a good memory I will not remember exactly what Benjamin did or said, at certain ages. Since I am behind... very behind of blogging, I posted some of those journal entries of benjamin's book to catch up some of our events.



Benjamin’s First Christmas Dec 2008
This year was Benjamin’s first Christmas. Although he didn’t quite understand it all, Benjamin did love the Christmas tree and all of the Christmas lights. Mom was quite lucky in that he didn’t take all of the Christmas ornaments off the tree. In fact Benjamin would find creative ways to get to the presents without having to touch the scratchy branches on the tree.
This Christmas was especially exciting for our family, because it was our first Christmas together with Benjamin. We created some new traditions of our own, like making Christmas Ornaments, Christmas baking and making our own Christmas Stockings. Hopefully over the years we will be able to carry on and create more family traditions.
Benjamin was a very lucky boy! He was able to have both sets of Grandparents for his first Christmas. Grandma and Grandpa Weight Flew into Houston from Raymond, Alberta, Canada on Dec 16th. This was the first time Grandma and Grandpa Weight had ever met Benjamin. Benjamin loved spending the first few days of their visit with them at our house. Benjamin had no problems warming up to them. Grandma Gail and Grandpa Dave came down to Houston that Sunday, the day of Benjamin’s Baby blessing and they stayed at our house until the day after Christmas. It was wonderful to have so many family members around for such special event.

Christmas Eve Dec 24th 2008
The holidays were very busy with lots of big family gatherings. For Christmas Eve, we all gathered together at Aunt Kiersta and Ryan’s House. Everyone was there, including Grandma Gail and Grandpa Dave, and the Sal family. We had a wonderful Fondue dinner, which is a weight tradition, and then afterward had a “nativity program” where the grandpa’s narrated the Nativity story from the scriptures and we all san Christmas songs and acted out the nativity. This year, Benjamin played to the role of baby Jesus, and Robert and I played the Role of Mary and Joseph. Benjamin wasn’t to keen on sitting still throughout it and spent most of his time playing with his cousin Errson.





Christmas Day Dec 25th 2008
Benjamin was excited to see all of the new toys Santa had brought him. For Christmas, Benjamin got a walking alligator push toy, a couple of balls, some books: "Love you forever", and "The Hungry caterpillar", blocks and some baby treats. Benjamin was very excited about the baby cookies Santa left him. Benjamin received lots of presents--books, and outfits and Pajamas from relatives. Grandma and Grandpa Barber spent Christmas morning with us, and then later, Grandma and Grandpa Weight and friends Nova and Hendro came over for Christmas Dinner. It was a very fun day! Benjamin spent most of the day trying out new "walking" toy.






Benjamin's First Haircut Jan 3rd 2008
Today I got my first hair cut. For a while now I have needed one, but mom was a little apprehensive to give me one since she didn’t feel to confident cutting my hair. When Aunt Kiersta was visiting today, she used our hair clippers to give my cousin Errson a haircut. Right after his hair cut, she then gave me mine. I was so good and sat patiently during the entire haircut. I wasn’t even scared by the clippers. Mom and dad both commented on how much older I looked.




picture of Grandma Gail and Grandpa Dave in front of the Houston Temple.

1 comment:

Katie Kennington said...

You are a better mommy than me...I have just been putting pictures into plastic sleeves in a book. That is my extent of a baby book. I figure a lot of what I would put in a book is in my blog...so now to try to find out how to make hard copies of blog info. MISS YOU!