Benjamin turned one yesterday sunday Feb 15th. It is amazing to me how fast the time has gone. All I can say is that I have loved every min of it. I LOVE being a mother! I am still working on his baby journal, documenting every month of his life and his milestones and the memories we have had as a family. My goal was to have it done by his birthday, but I think my goal now is to have it done by the end of the month so i can get it printed! (love iphoto mac books)
Anyway--- we celebrated his birthday today. I really wanted to take him to the zoo, and just our luck, the Zoo had a free day. We met our family there and walked around the zoo. The night before, benjamin went to bed very late, so he was a little grumpy all day, however, he did enjoy the Zoo. In fact he pointed to some of the animals. He especially loved the Tropical bird exhibit. He would point at the birds and even said Brrrr (bird). Afterward, we had family meet us at our apartment for hotdogs, snacks and cake.
Here is Benjamin's Birthday cake. I wanted to make a cake that went with the ZOO theme and this is what I came up with. Robert helped a ton! HE baked the beautiful cake, and helped me with the grass. After about doing 4 cupcakes with the grass my hand couldn't take it. I then decorated each cupcake with a different animal. I wasn't to sure what to do about benjamin's cake until I started icing it. I was pleased about how it turned out. Before making this cake, I was considering learning how to make wedding cakes.... but seriously--- I now KNOW why wedding cakes cost so much $. Oh well.... maybe someday I will be motivated enough to make a wedding cake, but not this day.
cake close up:
Benjamin was really tired by the time we got to the cake. He kind of just sat there, and took a hand full of cake. The best part is when he tried the ice cream. He picked it up, make a very funny face, thought about it and cried. ( i think he didn't like the brain freeze that followed).
13 comments:
Cute! I can't believe that he is already a year! TIME FLIES!!! I love the cake and cupcakes Laura. You did a great job!
Happy Birthday Benjamin!
And Laura (and Rob) that cake looks AMAZING!
I LOVE those cupcakes! The grass looks so real!
Laura you look great as always! The cake/cupcakes are so good! Very creative and professional looking! So cute! I'm glad he liked the zoo. That's such a fun bday thing to do!
Cute idea for a cake! I can't imagine how much time (and dishes--I hate the dishes part) that took. All I have to say is: mmm.....food dye....
Yay for Benjamin! What a fun day for his birthday. Elsa did not like her birthday cake either. That cake you made looks awesome. It looks professional.
Wow Laura, the cake looks pretty amazing and yummy! =))
It's just unbelievable how time goes by so fast, I can't believe little Ben is already 1!!!
The cake is so cool! What a fun celebrations - happy birthday Benjamin! Have a fun trip.
That cake is so cute! You are amazing. How did you figure out how to do that? I need instructions. I have a bday coming up that it would be perfect for. Email me aubrey_zaruba@hotmail.com
AWW your cake decorating skills rock! How fun. I can't believe he is one!!! We need to talk!
It's so fun to find friends blogs! It looks like Benjamin ate more cake than Dani did. Such a cute video too. If you feel like taking him to the zoo again, I think my pass will get us both in for free, and both kids would be free. I just rarely have a car so I don't go that often.
wow laura! you made that cake? you are talented! you go girl! and yes time sure flies! Laney and Ben needs to get together one day!
How cute! Your cake looks amazing! I'm surprised you could cut it up after such an effort. We miss you guys and hope things are going well!
Post a Comment