So, I'll be honest--- the past 7.5 weeks have been a little long... However, they have been manageable :)
I have been waiting a very long time to be able to post that I am finally 30 weeks (tomorrow). I am just so excited about that, that I couldn't wait one more day to post that! We feel extremely blessed that things have gone so well so far!
Since that I am 30 weeks, that means 5 weeks till we are in the "safe zone", 7 weeks till the "stitch" is removed--- which I am kind of dreading that procedure a bit. The Dr says that they do it in the office (yikes), which sounds a little barbaric since they put you out, or give you an epidural when they put it in. However, according to my Dr, she says it doesn't hurt. (like she knows right? According to my friends who have had this, it does hurt, hence why rob is coming with me to that appointment for moral support). Apparently, my Dr says, once the stitch is removed, most women go into labor soon after (most of the people I know who have had this, this is not the case with them). I hope, with my track record (Benjamin being 9 days early); this little girl will come earlier than later :) Really, I just care if she is healthy and I am so grateful that she is still cooking :)
Dr. Update:
Last Friday I had my most recent Dr. appointment. It was super low key. She didn't even check my cervical length this week. She did measure my stomach, and I am measuring "perfectly." Which was a relief, since I have only gained 7 pounds so far---granted I still have 9-10 weeks left to go. I deffinetly carry this pregnancy differently than I carried Benjamin. I carried Benjamin Higher up and more vertically. This pregnancy, the baby sits very low, and I would say sits more horizontal. Anyway, My Dr. decided to see me in two weeks, which actually ends up being 3 weeks since she is out of town. So my next appointment will be at 32 weeks! My Dr. says to keep on doing whatever I am doing, and that I can be up at 45 mins at a time--- to see how I feel.
Just Benjamin and Mommy!
This week is the first week that Benjamin and I have fully been on our own. So far things have been going very well. Benjamin has been super good and obedient. We have gotten him on a more strict earlier bed time routine, which helps him a lot. The previous week he was getting up at odd times, like 6:30am, which for him is super early. He was also having night terrors from lack of sleep/anxiety. Since we have had him on his new routine, he has been getting up at his old regular time 7:45- 8am and having normal nap times. Perfect for mommy!
Our days have been going like this:
Benjamin and mommy will have some breakfast, and then we usually read books, have some school time, work on letters. Benjamin is very good at playing by himself as well. He has been super obedient and a very helpful boy at cleaning up his toys. I was a little concerned about him and going up the stairs in our apartment (because I really can't go up them), but he hasn't even touched them, and once he headed towards them and I told him not to and he has listened ever since!
We have lunch around noon, read more stories and Benjamin goes down for a nap at 1pm and sleeps to about 3:00 -3:30. Rob comes home from work around 4:15-4:45. So its been pretty manageable for me to take care of Benjamin and I am still able to "rest" quite a bit.
Its funny, because Benjamin is a super easy going kid, but he likes routine (like most children). He has enjoyed having grandmas and lots of visitors and we are so grateful for all of the help, but, I also think he really enjoys the fact that life is semi-back to normal. He seems really happy lately and much like his old self. I have also been able to cook some meals and do a "little" laundry. I have been super careful to not over do things, and so far I have been feeling pretty good.
Benjamin is becoming quite the good little talker! On of my fav phrases he says is "mommy you show me" when he wants to show me something! We are still trying to work on his "tip toe" walking and the past week in a half he has started grinding his teeth/making a weird noise with his mouth. We are trying to work on that as well. I think he's just experimenting, but also kids grind teeth because they are stressed, and I notice it really comes out when he is upset or gets hurt. Poor kid. hope that he isn't to traumatized by this!
Rob in Chile
Last week Rob was in Chile for work training. I think Rob enjoyed the trip. It went by amazingly quick. He had a choice of either doing the training now, or the end of July (when the baby is due), so we thought it would be best to go now! Rob was able to see his nephew who is serving a mission out in Santiago, which was fun for him! Rob Benjamin did better with rob being away this time, last time when rob was gone to utah for work, was right after my hospital run, and Benjamin was a bit of a mess. Benjamin Loves his soccer jersery that rob brought back for him. He has been wearing it every day!
4 comments:
So glad to hear things are looking good! Please let me know if I can do anything for you...laundry, cook or even just hang out!
I wish so much that we lived by you guys. I would love to come and hang out with you or help. It sounds like you are doing awesome though. What a sweet little boy you have. It would be so fun to see Benjamin and our Elsa together. Maybe someday...
You are still in our prayers. Hope your little girl arrives safe and in good time. Congrats to Rob on graduating!!
I'm really glad that things are going so well! You have been in my prayers and thoughts and I still look for you every Sunday! I can't wait to meet your little girl. She sure must be special. P.S. By the time you see me (after your daughter is old enough to come to church) I will be as big as a house... I'm already showing and I'm only 17 weeks. Yikes. :)
Yikes! Getting that stitch removed sounds scary. Wow, this pregnancy has gone by so fast...for me! :) Just the other day I saw you in Costco, right?
Post a Comment