Dear Benjamin,
Today was a great day.
You and I had a lot of fun. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary... it just was a great day.
You 'helped' mommy around the house, cleaned up all the shredded toilet paper in my room all by yourself (I am sure you can guess who made that mess). You helped mommy with the laundry and with your sister.
You were my special helper all day.
I loved watching you pull out toys for baby Weston (my visiting teacher's son) to play with, and how you thoughtfully chose each toy.
You stayed in your room for 45 mins of quiet time.
We went for a walk, where you got spoiled by the ladies in the leasing office. You should have seen yourself---- lounging on a couch, eating a brownie, a cookie and a blue balloon tied to your wrist. You were enjoying yourself.... And might I add, you did say thank-you and give hugs all around.
Then, while Vera napped, I did not do the dishes from lunch or anything else for that matter and just played play dough with you until daddy came home. And you know what? It felt great not to worry about the house and relax and enjoy my little boy who desperately wants my attention and who asks me everyday "mommy you want to play toys?"
Before gymnastics, we took you to the park to play outside since it was a beautiful day for Dec. It was such a treat to watch you run around and play with the other kids.
You were playing with a little girl who had four yellow sand pails and was sharing two of them with you. As you were running after her, another little boy came up to you tried to grab a yellow pail out of your hands. You paused for a moment and handed one of the pails to the little boy, and ran after your friend. This melted my heart that you were so thoughtful and so willing to share without even being asked.
I sometimes think I don't give you enough credit. Sometimes I worry so much that I am not parenting, disciplining, or teaching you enough, that I forget what a sweet, sweet good, little boy you are and that you are learning. Yes, you are human, but you truly are a gem sent from heaven to teach me about life and how to be a more loving, forgiving and patient person. Thank-you for being so patient with me and loving me unconditionally. You are such a sweet, kind, thoughtful little boy! I love you Benjamin and feel so blessed to be your mom! Thank-you for the best day!
Love always,
mom
2 comments:
I love days like that, good job writing it down!
I love this post! How sweet to write it as a letter to your son.
Post a Comment