Sunday, February 6, 2011

My own Personal Cheer leader and other great conversations with my son...

Bootcamp Cheerleader
While I'm at boot camp, Rob usually has the kids playing in a field adjacent to my class. Two weeks ago, Benjamin and Rob were "playing" soccer. Benjamin wanted me to play with them, even though my class was still in session. Benjamin would keep kicking the ball toward me and yelling:"mommy, kick the ball."
About the last 10 mins of class, Benjamin started doing the workout with me. While I was running the last of my suicides, I had my own personal cheerleader. Benjamin was running beside me holding my hand saying:" mommy, you're almost done... you can do it! You're almost done!"
It was seriously the cutest thing ever. Granted, it took me a little longer to finish my laps, but I wouldn't trade that sweet experience with my son! Afterward, Benjamin finished up his work out with doing stretches with the rest of the group. He was quite proud of himself!
(I have a video if this-- but for some reason, I can never figure out how to upload video)

"Mommy You are my teacher."
The other day while we were practicing counting, Benjamin said to me:" Mommy you are my teacher, like Coach Ali is my teacher (Benjamin's Gymnastic coach).



"Making Friends the creepy way..."

Benjamin so badly wanted to see the dog, but I told him that he needed to stay in his seat until we were finished eating. Benjamin "stayed" in his seat, but would continually inch his chair closer and closer to the man and his Dog. It was quite a clever plan! You should of seen the guys face when this little boy kept inching in closer and closer to him and his dog! Classic!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

haha funny! and clever... don't you love how kids find ways to do what they want while also doing what you say?