She looks a lot like me here when I was that age.
Vera is such a doll! She can sit up! She is getting to be very active. Her latest thing is that she is very much almost crawling. She has also become very fascinated with her tongue--- sticking it out all the time! She loves to suck on her passey upside down!!?!?! Don't know what is up with that.
She has quite the personality. She is very patient and sweet. Loves to socialize with anyone around.
Literally... blue in the face!
Poor thing has been sick this past week and very congested. Friday night we took her into the ER because after I took her out the bath (to help with congestion) I tried to suction out her nose. She was so upset(more like super ticked off), and congested that she was having a hard time crying and was turning blue (face, limbs...). She finally spit up mucus, but still was making this strange Grunting noise and turning blue. Slightly freaked out, because she has never acted this way before, we took her to Texas Children's.
Apparently, some children (more common in girls) do this thing--- "hold their breath and turn blue"--- when they are upset. Apparently she is one of those girls. They also stuck a tube down her nose to suction out all of the mucus because she was so congested. She LOVED that. Thank-goodness that is all it was! She is starting to feel better, and we are glad for it! Might I add? I heart Texas Children's ER.
6 comments:
Vera is seriously one of the prettiest babies! So did they suggest anything you could do to get her to stop holding her breath in the future?
that would really scare me! good luck!
yeah emmeline does/did that. it was super scary. i told them i wasn't leaving the hospital without a super motor powered suction machine of my very own. em HATES it but it is amazing.
I think you should buy a room at Texas Children's. You go there often enough. Then you could rent it out to others when you're not using it--make up the money for all those medical bills. Sorta like a time share right? PS, Vera's really cute. She does look like you in the pics.
she is so adorable! thank goodness it wasn't anything serious... I hope she feels better soon!
Lar, your kids are so beautiful! Just like their momma!
Post a Comment