Saturday, April 12, 2008

This past week was...

Interesting!
First of all, can I just say that I have the most amazing husband and baby. Monday was my first real week back at work. Anyway-- this week rob drove me to work everyday, and he would study during the morning at taras in-laws house (which is 10 mins away from my school) and at lunch time benjamin and rob would come to visit me, and we would all have lunch together. It sure made it alot easier for me to return back to work.
Somehow over conference weekend I managaed to get a cold. ( I think I must have picked somthing up when I was at work on friday.. elementary kids are breeders of sickness). One tuesday, I lost my voice completely. It is nearly impossible to teach, maintain classroom control, ect. when you have no voice. Around this time of the year-- the kids are done with school, and their behavior seems to go down the tube. I took the afternoon off on wed to save my voice, and went back to work on Thursday. Early friday morning (2:00 am), benjamin woke up upset, crying and fussy. Which is very unusual for him, and we took his temperature and he had a slight fever. After talking to the on-call nurse , she told us totake him to childrens hosptial ER to check him out. WE got home around 5am, and I was totally exhaugsted. I decided to take friday off ( even though i have no one days to take off without getting docked) and take care of benjamin and my self. Robert and I were at the doctors office from 9:30 am to 2pm getting benjamin and I taken care of. Roberts amazing, because.. he has taken care of the house, his wife and baby. He has become the ultimate Mr. Mom. Benjamin is amazing, because even though his is very sick, he still seems to smile throughout it all. When we were at the ER, he was sticking his tounge out at rob and smiling/grinning and watching robert the whole time. Other then him looking sick, you wouldn't know it beacuse he was so happy and alert.

2 comments:

Melynda said...

Wow Laura that is aweful! Justin and I were talking about that specific thing today...how I am a germ-a-phob and admire women who are school teachers because of all the germs!! You are amazing. I didn't know you were going back this year? Sounds like a very stressful time. Is Benjamin doing better? I am sorry you both were sick and I know it is scary when you have to worry about him as well. Take care.

Michelle said...

Oh man! That's terrible!! I am glad you were able to take SOME time off...sort of and that your hubby has been so great! It sounds so miserable though! Hopefully you are both feeling better now!