Friday, December 26, 2008

"I hope they call me on a Mission..."

Ummm... for lack of imagination, I decided to use that as a title for this post. Bare with me for a moment. I just have to brag about my cousin Mark: Elder Thibodeau. Mark is the first missionary to come from my family! He is serving the the Las Vegas, Nevada Mission.
Both my parents are converts to the church, and so we do not have the long pioneer history that some members of the church do. However, I have been so blessed to have such wonderful parents, who were dedicated in teaching and raising my sister in I in the church. That being said, Mark is the first missionary to come from our family! We can't tell you how proud of him we are. I have his high school picture up in our living room on our bookshelf for everyone to see. And, everyone who comes to visit us asks who this young man is, and I love to tell them. Before mark left on his mission, both my sister and I flew up to lethbridge Alberta for his farewell.I come from a small family, and growing up, my cousins Jackie and Mark lived fairly close. Most of my wonderful childhood memories included them! So, Mark is like a brother to me.
Mark has been out on his mission over a year now, and is working hard, and might i add, I think is having a lot of fun :)

He is the missionary with the blue tie.


I wish I could say that I have been a dutiful cousin, writing him every week, but I have not. I am more sporadic in my letters/packages, but In the new year I will try to be better. This year for his christmas package, I baked him canadian naniamo bars, and gave him a custom made--one-of-a-kind special edition "Elder Thibodeau" Christmas ornament. I am sorry, but I just had to post a picture of this little guy! Anyway, hopefully it will remind him of his mission when he comes home!

2 comments:

Cari-Ann said...

Uhht oohh...I don't think those side burns are regulation... :) Cute ornament!

Mila Amorim said...

That is really cool! I know exactly how you feel because both Gustavo's and mine parents are converts and is just so cool to see my cousins going on a mission and also my brother!
how do you make your ornaments? They are really cute!!