Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Ward Christmas Party.. and the first Santa Encounter.

This year, preparing for christmas has been really exciting! Now that we have our own kid, robert and I are excited to create new traditions mixed in with the old. This year, Rob and I have created christmas ornaments, we are still in the process of making stockings, and together made a christmas advant calendar. It has been fun. Anyway, benjamin loves looking at the christmas tree. He still doesn't really mess with it, although his courage is mounting.

This is probably the first "Family" picture that we have had since Benjamin's been born... so enjoy :)






Last night our ward had its christmas party. It was WELL attended--- so attended that they did not have enough tables of everyone. Well, Benjamin got to sit on Santa's lap and here is the reaction:


Not to sure what to think


Hmmm.... whats behind the beard?

Content with the stranger.
1 second after this picture was taken, Benjamin Smiled. Benjamin's first encounter with the man in the red suit was not to traumatic. We will have to see what next years response will be...

Merry Christmas! Love the weights!

7 comments:

Katie Kennington said...

Your little family is soo cute. I love little Benjamin. Do you think we could set our kids up on a date. I want to be related to you guys.

We have a fake Christmas tree up in our living room. It is decorated with stuffed animals. Elsa likes to go over to it and chew on the branches and take off the animals. Good thing its not a real one, eh?

I miss you guys tons! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Mila Amorim said...

Your family is gorgeous, Laura! Mery Christmas to you guys!

Whitney said...

So adorable! You both look great and that little boy is SOOOO CUTE! Hope you have a great holiday.

I love all your little craftiness!

Jules said...

My goodness, what a cutie that little benjamin is, but I can't tell which one of you he looks more like! A good mixture!

Thanks for the wonderful posts! Hohoho and Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Cute picture. Parker has that same fire truck onesie, but I don't think it fits him anymore. :(

Jalei & Lane said...

I love the look on Ben's face towards Santa! And that last picture is adorable!

Megan said...

You are so crafty!!! The ornamanents turned out so cute. Ben looks so much like both you and Rob. He is adorable. I think of you guys often and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and great new year. I made our blog private so if you would like an invite send me your email address at blainenmegs@yahoo.com. Take Care!