Friday, October 2, 2009

Gotta Love the 9-80's

9-80 FRIDAY!
At Rob's new job he works a 9-80 work week, meaning he works 9 hour days and gets every other friday or so off. We really like those, because then we have an extra long weekend.
Since rob had this friday off, we went to Hermann Park and hung out as a family. We rode the little train, which Benjamin loved! He sat the entire time, frozen, taking it all in, and screamed when we had to get off. He loved it so much that he didn't want to leave. Afterward, we rented a paddle boat and paddled around the ponds. I'll admit, I was a little terrified that the boat may tip, and Benjamin was not pleased at all about putting on a life jacket. He totally flipped out. Least we know he doesn't go down without a fight eh? After a while, he started to get more comfortable on the boat. It was a lot of fun just to spend some quality time as a family!


look at benjamin's eyes in this picture-- he was so terrified. After a while, he enjoyed the ride!











Benjamin's new talent!
Ever since Benjamin was a little baby, he has loved music. I will never forget the first time he "noticed" music. He was maybe 4 months old or so, and heard the Sarah Brighman and Andrea Bocceli "time to say good night." Benjamin was utterly stunned when he heard it. In july when we went to the 4th of July symphony celebration, benjamin was clapping, laughing and "dancing" all around. Currently Benjamin's latest talent is singing. He loves twinkle twinkle little star, and often I hear him singing/jabbering it. The only way I know that he is sining that song is periodically I will see him dancing and hear the words "star" and "up" "star". He also loves Book of Mormon Stories and ABC song... I love it when he sings "ABC" ABC".

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun! I wish I had 9-80s. That's really cute about Benjamin singing.

Jalei & Lane said...

Lane & I have been wanting to go on the paddleboats. Since the weather is getting nicer we'll have to check them out.

Lindsey said...

What a fun family day! I love you guys :)

Jules said...

When I worked at LANL in NM, I LOVED 9-80s! Oh they were great! Much better to work hard and then play hard!