As much as I would LOVE to say that I taught these students EVERYTHING they know.. and that it was my expertise that helped them create the amazing pictures... I think that some of these kids are just dang talented....... and work hard.. all I can say is that I gave them the assignment... taught them how to do it... and volia -- the rest is up to them..
The self portraits are my 9th graders. We talked about and looked at different abstract artworks, and self portraits and the art movement Fauvism. We discussed the role of colour and how it is used more as expression than for realsitic purposes.
Of course I taught my students proportions of the face, and measurements, and they created a "realsitc" self portrait drawing. Then I made them creat a second one,.... and man were the second ones 100x better! Practice makes perfect!
Disclamer about the Packing tape, human sized statues... Yes it was educational... it was not an excuse to let my students tape eachother up! They learned about a pop sculptor-- George segal.....
4 comments:
so are those two portraits of the same guy? I really like the top one with all the colour
no they're two different students who created them... the top one is of a girl and the second is of a guy! they actually look like my students
ha ha that shows my real "eye" for art! i totally didn't know the top one was a girl
I love them!!!!much better than mine...:) Kiersta
Post a Comment