Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Benjamin Updates



I am amazed how quickly the month of February has come and gone.
We have been super busy. Well, I should say Rob has been super busy!
Anyway, here are some pictures from the past month and a half.







The Unforgivable Hair cut

As you can tell, benjamin got a hair cut-- via his mom. I LOVE longer hair on boys! What can I say? However, Benjamin's hair was a little out of control. Needless to say, mommy had to cut it (by herself). It was an ordeal.

I had benjamin in front of a movie, with a sucker in each of his hands. Before I even cut a piece of hair, Benjamin broke down, cried for daddy, yelling: "owwwie, owwwie... dadddy!" It was a difficult task, but it got done. It actually wasn't too bad of a cut, except the bangs had some problems-- which makes it look super bad. Oh well what can you do? It grows back.


Benjamin and Letters

Benjamin has become quite the letter and letters sound man. In the past month he can recognize almost all of the Letters in the alphabet and their letter sound! Its amazing how much he is learning now days. At 18 months it took forever for him to learn the letters M,B and D. The other day, he picked up a play-doh container and said to me: "D---du-hh, O--- auhh, h- haaahh" (sorry I don't know how to phonetically spell out the sounds)

It's really exciting to me all that he is capable of learning. I am a nerd, and I look forward to the time when I can teach him to read, basic math and how to tell time, ect!

The past two days we started working on numbers 1,2,3.Slowly, but surely, we will get there!

The Little Sculptor

Benjamin's favoriate art medium lately is play-doh. He Loves it! every day he asks to play with it. Granted, often i find it in my carpet, or shoved betten odd little places. He has quite the imagination, and sure loves to play with it. hey, its great for his fine motor skills, so what do I care?



Pottery making is in his blood. Look at him knead that doh!

Benjamin was cooking up a storm that day. Like every good chef, one needs to taste it!


Benjamin's Fav Books:

Dick and Jane
Curious George
Any book that has cars, trucks or trains

Benjamin's Problem solving skills:


I guess, you could say he is creative? If Benjamin is not to sure what something is, he categorizes with something he knows. Ex: a toy peacock from his noah's ark he calls a turkey. I mean, yes it does have a tail similar to a turkey.

Today he showed my mom the letter E via skype. He then turned the letter to its side, and said, "M" mm mmm mmm.

All men, are daddies
All Women are mommies.

Break throughs!

Benjamin has had the hardest time sitting at the dinner table while eating. Drove me nuts. He finally sits through an entire meal without leaving his chair! YEAH!

Just Plain Cuteness!
Benjamin loves music. He always has. He also likes a variety of genres. But, I have to admit, he does like classical. Often I have the NPR classical station playing throughout the day. Recently, when Benjamin hears flutes or violins that are playing the higer notes in a song, benjamin says: "mommy singing."


Now I feel like I have updated enough for the past month and a half! Yeah! Can you tell that I love my little munchkin? and that our life revolves around him? What can I say? I would not have it any other way!

No comments: