Monday, February 15, 2010

Benjamin's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Benjamin!
We feel so grateful to have you as a son. You truly bring so much joy into our lives. You are a lively, sweet, tender hearted active boy who loves life! I seriously think that you're just happy to be here and experiences everything with passion and enthusiasm. Today was such a fun day! Today Benjamin turned 2!


Then....







And now...

Mommy and Benjamin started the day with breakfast, and then looked at pictures of Benjamin when he was born. He was born feb 15th at 9:31 am.

Later in the morning, we had a friend come over to play. Benjamin and I had a nice lunch and he took a very nice long nap. Daddy came home from work with cupcakes, and we opened birthday presents from mommy and daddy. Benjamin got a xylophone, a elephant toy and a fire truck (all picked up at a garage sale for a total of 5 dollars). He also got the movie cars ,which I wish I got at a garage sale for 5 bucks, but didn't.

Benjamin loved all the toys, especially the fire truck. He loved it so much that the fire truck came with us to dinner at McDonalds. Benjamin spent most of the time showing off his fire truck to people in the restaurant.


While mommy was at her class, Benjamin and Daddy picked up a tricycle for Benjamin. We spent the evening putting it together, and Benjamin was able to take it out for a little ride. He really seemed to pick up riding a bike fairly well. Lets just say when it came time for bed, there were some tears because he wanted to play more with his bike and fire truck.

We are excited for his family party on saturday. I have had the cake design in the works for months now... I just need to put it into action. We will see how it turns out!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You'll have to post a cake pic! I'm sure it will be great :) Happy Birthday to Benjamin!

Jalei & Lane said...

What a sweet little man he is growing to be! Sounds like he enjoyed every minute of his birthday. Can't wait to see his cake!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

I can't believe he's two! What a sweet boy. Looks like he had a blast on his birthday.