Monday, February 22, 2010

The cake...












Since rob has been so busy this past month working non stop, Benjamin and I were mostly homebound everyday. So, when friday rolled around (the day before the party), I was in bit of a panic. I had so many errands to run for Benjamin's Birthday and I hadn’t even started on his cake yet!

I was really excited to experiment with Benjamin's cake this year. I wanted to make a homemade cake, but since I was running out of time, I had to settle with a cake from a box, which I managed to mess up? So embarrassing... I was talking to kiersta the same time I was making the cake, and cooked it on too high of a temperature. Lesson learned. Currently, my multi-tasking skills are not what they normally are!

The night before benjamin's party running lots of errands and rob and I stayed up super late making the cake (I should say rob made the cake) and fondant choo-choo trains for Benjamin's cake.
We woke up late the next morning, and I had less than an hour to make icing and put the cake together and clean up the mess. Over all I was quite happy with the result. However, I was quite sad about the icing job I did. I didn't have time to make it nice and smooth, but oh well, that’s life. The cake top (choo-choo train) I made, out of cake, which was a little bit interesting, and rob made the little choo-choo's around the cake. It was fun to make for Benjamin, and he was so excited about it cake! He really just wanted to play with the choo choos! I was excited that he even cared about it, and even after the party, he wanted to admire his choo choo train cake!


No comments: