Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Ultra sound.

Today Rob and I got to find out what we are having. I think that I am due on 25th of July. Around there, anyway.


Rob and I were super excited to find out what we were going to have. Rob was pretty confident that it was going to be a girl this time around. after all, for our siblings its the family tradition on both sides of our family to have a boy, and then a girl.

When I was pregnant with Benjamin, even before we found out what we were having, I knew 99% that it was going to be a boy. Let's just say when we found out, I wasn't surprised. However, with this pregnancy, I had no clue.

While the Ultra sound technician was taking measurements, I caught a glimpse of the babies knees, and saw that there was a "little suspicious something" between the legs and I asked her:"Its a boy, isn't it?" And she smiled and said: "yeah, pretty sure, since he was showing it off to the world." I told rob: "Well, I guess we are breaking the family tradition-- two boys in a row!" We were super excited!
I was excited that Benjamin was going to have a little brother to play around with, and I honestly love having little boys! And especially look forward to the fact when they will be non-emotional, high drama teenagers :)

When all the measurements were done being taken, the technician was going to get a close up picture of the "goods" to confirm the sex. However, as she was trying to get a closer look, she said: "I think that your family tradition may not be broken yet." It was hard to tell what the baby was, since the umbilical cord was sitting right between the legs. After a second ultra sound, the Tech confirmed that we were actually going to have a girl. (She even printed out two separate pictures to confirm the results). I guess what we thought was a boy part, was in fact the cord.

So, I guess that we are going to have a little girl! Benjamin will have a baby sister to take care of! We are excited nonetheless and grateful that everything looks good with the baby!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little Laura. :)

Hoyt & Makala said...

Congratulations... I was secretly thinking that you were expecting. How fun to have a little girl! B will be such a great big brother!

Whitney said...

Oh congrats that is exciting! What a good story. I'm glad they got it right and you weren't surprised when she came out.

Katie Kennington said...

LAURA!! I cannot say how super excited I am for you. I pray your pregnancy will continue to be a healthy one. You should know that you are my hero when it comes to being a mother. I want to be just like you. I miss you guys so much. This world needs a whole lot more Laura's!!! (and Robs too!)

Sara and Dustin said...

WAHOOOOOO!!!! I'm so excited for another little Weight to join this world - and a GIRL Weight! I'm so excited for you guys. Seriously. So. Excited!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh my goodness! Now are you paranoid that it still might be a boy? I would be. A girl will be so much fun!

HJolley said...

Congrats, Laura! That is so awesome!

Laura Weight said...

Jalei,
I kind of am. Looking at the ultra sound pictures, its hard to tell the girl parts--- to me they just look like at Ucord. Oh well, I guess we will find out for sure when "she/he" comes?

Elodie said...

Congratulations Laura and Rob!
Girls are as much fun as boys!
So happy for all 3 of you.

Christina Bassi said...

A girl! Yea! We are so excited for you guys! :)

Melissa said...

Congrats! What a story :) Glad I read to the end ;) I'm really happy for you and that this miracle is really happening in your family. I hope your sleep will get better soon. . .so frustrating!! Maybe the only thing I could suggest is ear plugs so it muffles all noise except your breathing and relaxes you.