Monday, March 8, 2010

We are having a baby.... ?

Tomorrow Rob and I will find out what we are having. Our Baby is due the end of July.

We apologize that we have kind of kept this info under the wraps. First of all, Rob and I both admit that we are really bad at communicating information like this. However, to be honest I was a little bit nervous about announcing this pregnancy.

This pregnancy has been totally different than the one with Benjamin. For the first 14 weeks I had spotting,bleeding and severe cramping and I only threw-up once. Apparently, this "can"be normal for some women, but the only time I experienced these symptoms was when I had a miscarriage before Benjamin. So, being slightly paranoid, I didn't really want to tell anyone until I felt comfortable with knowing the pregnancy was ok.
Now being 20 weeks along, I feel a little more confident, however, I am not ignorant. Getting pregnant, having a healthy, successful pregnancy and delivery is truly a miracle--- considering all that can go wrong. We feel very grateful, that things have gone well so far!

This pregnancy was a very welcome surprise, and we think that Benjamin will love having a baby around-- well, we hope. He seems to be obsessed with other peoples babies and loves to love them. We will see if this obsession remains when one comes to stay at his house forever.

Its been interesting to see how different this pregnancy has been. And granted, maybe I am more aware of it because I am not teaching school this time around.

Things that have been different this time around:

- Gained less weight this time around (so far, in the first 20 weeks)
- Was way healthier and in better shape this time going into it (thanks bootcamp!)
- Didn't have to start wearing maternity pants till this week (20 weeks)
- felt the baby at 16 weeks
- Lots of awesome headaches
- Super tired, and all I want is sweets, desserts, junk food. (With Benji, all I
wanted was subway and cheetos). Because I was wasn't gaining any weight, I let
myself indulge in this very dangerous habit. However, I know that I need to cut ties
with my new cravings soon, or I may have to pay for it later :)
- I am super emotional and way more moody! (sorry rob). Who cries during sappy lame
commercials? me.
-

7 comments:

Emily said...

I KNEW IT!!! But I waited until you officially announced it so I didn't blow the surprise. We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet little baby Jasonia (if it's a girl. I think it is.)!

Jalei & Lane said...

Congratulations! I was so confused when I read this post title. I had to read it a few times. This is so exciting! Can't wait to hear updates & what you're having!

Mila Amorim said...

Congrats, Laura! I think Benjamin is going to be a great older brother! Cool, our babies are only 1 week apart, my due date is July 17th! =)

Whitney said...

Oh Congrats!!! That is so exciting. We are so happy for you. Good luck with everything!

Brittany Collier said...

Hey congratulations! All these babies! Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Rosie said...

congratulations! Becoming mommy of 2 is an interesting transition. Ben will love his new sibling, but that doesn't mean he won't hit and kick and such. You'll make it through.

Lindsey said...

WHAT?!?!?! This is so exciting!!! Congratulations you two :) I can't wait to hear what you are having. And I would still be friends with "crying at commercials" Laura! :)