
OK, I really think that this show is blog worthy! There is so much trash on the tv now days, but I really think this show is a gem. Really. Its refreshing to see something like this on tv now days.
If you have never heard of it, it is basically a show about a few Movie stars discovering their family tree and genealogy. Are you interested yet? Ok, it may not sound super riveting.... but it is!
Growing up in a home where genealogy research is a significant part of my parents life, I love history and learning about my own family history. If there are two things that that will always stand out to me about my parents, is that #1) They love to attend the temple whenever they can and #2) they love genealogy/temple work ...and might I add, are very thorough and detailed about not just finding names and dates--- but discovering the story behind their ancestors lives.
So this show does have some what of an appeal for me.
Anyway, I think it is incredible that people of all different walks of life and backgrounds have an interest in their family roots, or family history. If you think about it, who are ancestors were, in fact influences who we are today. We are truly connected with them in so many ways, and I think that people recognize that and that their is importance of finding out who their ancestors are and where they came from.
Well, I am done ranting and raving about this show, but, if genealogy has never really sparked your interest, check out this show! It really makes one think: "who do you think you are?"
http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are/
2 comments:
I saw a preview for this. I thought it looked interesting. Glad you liked it. I'll have to start watching.
Hope Benjamin gets well soon! Sick kids are the absolute WORST!!! We love you!
We love this show too! It's so great to know that there are still uplifting shows out there.
Post a Comment