Today I am 27 weeks and had another Dr. appt/ultrasound! Again, I was thrilled to receive a good report! The ultra sound showed that my cervix is now measuring 3cm (whoop whoop) and that there is no funneling!(even with the baby's head right above it!)This past week I have been more active and less in bed (with reason of course!). So i was glad to see that me being more active hasn't effected my cervical length!
I am hoping, that eventually I will be allowed to resume a normal life sooner than later! being on bedrest for over a month has been punishment enough-- but of corse i will do more if i needed to to get baby girl here ok.
As my Dr. says, I am starting to become a boring patient--- which I really don't mind at all. I have my 28 week glucose test and appt next week, and my Dr. will check things out again, and hopefully things will be just as positive!
Thanks again for all your thoughts, support and prayers-- I really do believe that things have gone so well because of them!
3 comments:
This is such great news, Laura! I've never been so thrilled hearing about someone's cervix before. I hope you don't have to be on bed rest for another month and I'm sure Benji would love to have his mom up and about too.
From what I've heard bed rest is miserable but I'm impressed with what a great attitude you have about it. I'm so thrilled things are improving for you. You seriously deserve it.
So I haven't checked your blog in a long time, but as I am reading about your scare, it brought back memories with my sister in law. Her second child was born at 24 weeks (I think) at 1 lb 9 oz with no skin, no eyes, etc. He had to be in the hospital until a month after his due date and his mother had to pump, go down, dress in the sterilized clothing, and be with him. He survived, and is now going to be 8 in November. With her other two children, she had to have her cervix tied and be on bed rest from about week 25 on, as well. I am glad to hear that everything is going ok. I'm also glad that you were able to catch it before all of the delivery scare could have happened. I'm sure the Lord is right there with you all and helping you get through this trial.
Post a Comment