Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A good report...

I had another Dr. appointment today! On Thursday I will be at my 25 week milestone...

Anyway, I was happy to receive a good report today! My ultra sound showed that my cervical length is now 2.55cm and barley, barely dilating!!!Last week my cervix was measuring 1.1cm and dilating--but not as much as the week before! So, bedrest and the stitch is working! I am so grateful. We have a long way to go still, but I think my Dr is pretty confident that I will make it to term. She said, from her experience she has found that if things stay the same or hold up to 28-30weeks, then most of her patients make it to term! Hope that is the case with me. She even mentioned to me that I could even lift a few restrictions that I have. I am a little hesitant too, since things can change so quickly, but when I have my next appt in two weeks, and if things still are the same... than I will be more comfortable with that!

And about the weight gain? She says that I am measuring perfect, and she will check the babys weight next ultrasound. I guess when people are on bedrest, she told me they lose weight--- muscle retention. Awesome. Already 2.5 weeks of this and I can already feel its effects. Oh well, anything to get that baby girl here ok :)

5 comments:

Hoyt & Makala said...

We are so glad to hear that things are going well so far! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Random question...are you able to do any physical therapy so that you don't loose so much muscle mass? I know that for some of our hospitalized patients we can have physical therapist work with them so their recovery isn't as difficult once they can get out of bed.

Jalei & Lane said...

So glad to hear the good news! Can't wait to hear about your next doctor's report.

The Rowes said...

Laura... you are such a trooper. I'm so glad your doctor caught the problem and that things seem to be going well now. That really stinks that you are on bed rest, but at least it is helping. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys. You are in my prayers. I can't wait to meet this baby girl in July. She must be really special!

Tammy said...

I am glad that things are holding and look good. I know exactly how hard this is, been there done that. The time before my family arrived to rescue me and Caleb had to go to someone else's house every day was the hardest. My friend had the kids make a paper chain of all the days until Mom could get out of bed. They all remember getting to tear a link off every day. I would write in my journal every day one thing I was grateful for and those are cherished memories now. The kids did Halloween at home from room to room and it is their favorite Halloween memory ever. We are praying for you and the baby. Time will go fast and it will be worth everything it took to get baby girl Weight here safely!

Julianne said...

I'm glad it's working. Can I bring you some books or magazines or movies? Can Benj come play?