This past Thursday I hit my 24 week mark! Six more weeks until 30 and hopefully we will get a few more. Just thankful for every extra day I get from having this baby too early!
This past Tuesday I had my Dr. appt & ULTRA sound to see how things are going. My Dr. was very happy with the results. This week’s ultra sound showed that she was able to get the "stitch" in pretty high, and that, combined with bed rest, was doing its job (less pressure on the cervix). I had less funneling and from the top of the "stitch" to the baby I was measuring 1.1cm and from the bottom of the "stitch" I was measuring .8 cm-- which for me, was good (a lot better than .9cm).
I have another Dr appt on Tuesday, and my Dr. told me if that one looks good, then she won't see me for another two weeks, and if after that, if things still look good, then she may lift some of my restrictions. We will see, as the baby gets bigger there is likely to be more pressure. I am hopeful though, that the stitch is doing its job. Usually most women with an incompetent cervix have a stitch put in around 12-16 weeks, have a 80-90% success rate-- meaning they get to full term 37 weeks. Women who have an emergent/emergency stitch (put in later like 20-25 weeks) put in have a 40-60% success rate. To me, success is if I get to 30 or ideally 35 weeks!
After my Dr. appt on Tuesday I was pretty wiped out. I could tell it was super hard on my body (even a week after surgery) hiking up and down 3 flights of stairs and driving in the car. Thankfully, my Dr. apt is only once a week! Other than that I am on strict bed rest--- limited showering, need to be laying down most of the time and only getting up for the washroom.
Thankfully, my mom has flown in to help for the next 2 weeks. Benjamin loves his grandma! It’s been nice having him home again. It’s sad though, because I cant do most of the things that we use to do together. I can tell that he gets super frustrated with me when I can't get up to play with him, or pick him up. Often I hear him say "mommy sick." It helps though that my mom is here to help him get back into a normal routine and I think he is starting to adjust.
Well, its been a very humbling experience to be so dependent on others--- its like Andi my friend/Rs president says:"We are here to help one another."
How grateful I am for the help of others and for an amazing husband, because if not? we wouldn't even had made it this far.
Random Question for all those ladies who have had babies:
So far i haven't put on very much baby weight (6 lbs maybe) and don't look super pregnant. I don't know if i should be worried about that-- I think my mom is worried about it, because she mentioned it to me.
Were any of you like that t 24 weeks? After benji, I never lost the last remaining 6 lbs, and then with this pregnancy I lost those 6 lbs in the first trimester, and basically now, I am back to where I was before I was pregnant with this baby. Its probably a good thing since I will probably make up for that being on bed rest. Plus my Dr. is kind of picky about weight and i think she would tell me if it was a problem. At my 20 week ultra sound she said the baby was measuring average size, so I am assuming its ok? With Benji I didn't really look preggo till 30 weeks anyway,but I duno... going to ask about that on tuesady!
5 comments:
Glad to hear that the bedrest is helping, I know it can be tough! With my 2nd pregnancy I actually lost 15lbs in the the first trimester and ended up gaining about 10lbs total by 37 weeks. I was much more concerned about it than my Dr. and she said that if I wasn't already having weekly ultrasounds for my diabetes, then she would order one to check her growth. I'd still bring it up though, never hurts to ask!
How nice to have your mom there. I'm so happy to hear it's going so well. If you didn't gain much weight with Benji and your dr isn't worried about it then I don't think it's a big deal. Every pregnancy is different and if your dr is saying everything checks out, I'm sure the baby is fine. It's not a bad idea to mention it, though. Your dr should hear about all your concerns - because doctors aren't perfect either!
So glad that things are going well! I didn't really show with Brielle until 30 weeks, and then I just popped. I think you're probably fine!
i wish i had a problem not gaining weight. i agree with you, if your dr. doesn't say anything and the baby is measuring ok i'd bet you're alright. also i had caroline early so i'll be praying you don't go early, its not fun. i'm glad you're doing well! let me know if you need anything.
I am so glad that everything is ok! I hope you make it to 35 weeks too! this little girl is going to be such a blessing!
as far as weight, I didn't gain much until 28 or 29 weeks. (after that however.... haha) I wouldn't worry about it if your doctor isn't worried but she's there for your to talk to and voice your concerns so bring it up! =)
Post a Comment