Thursday, June 3, 2010

32 weeks...

Had my 32 week appointment today. It was super low key.
So far things have been going well. Last week, I wasn't feeling to great (combo of iron pill, prenatal and antibiotics) and felt a lot of pressure, therefore, I took most of the weekend easy. Once the antibiotics kicked in, I started feeling a ton better and less pressure. Since I have had my stitch I have seriously been off and on antibiotics every other week. Oh well, unfortunately, that is one of the "risks" of getting the stitch put in late.
The rest of this week, I have felt pretty good and have gotten out of the house a bit. Baby girl is just as active as ever--- even though "we"are getting bigger.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks, at 34 weeks and then an ultrasound at 35 weeks to see how big she is.

My Doctor informed me again, that they will take the stitch out at 37 weeks, but then she added that 50% of women go into labor within 24 hours once its removed. I didn't know that it was that high of an odd. Some of you may wonder, why they take it out that early, but as my Dr has informed me, if you start to labor with the stitch in... it can do further damage to your cervix, tearing uterus, ect. Nothing that i personally want to experience.

Seriously, I am so ok with that. By that time she is 37 weeks, she will be done most of her essential growing. Benji was 10 days early, and he was almost 8 lbs, and my Dr informed me after having him (while taking 45 mins to stitch me up), that he was almost to big for me. Let's be honest,8 lbs isn't super big, but benji is kind of a ... solid kid, and for Rob and I? He's a big kid.

So, we will see. Rob and I figured that we need to be prepared either way, if she comes at 37 or 40, and that we need to get everything done around the house, ect before then. Getting close to the end, and could not be more excited about it :)

4 comments:

Carissa said...

yay for making it to 32 weeks! this little girl is so cooperative already! I'm so sorry that you have to have antibiotics, that must be such a pain.
I was so grateful that kennedy was born at 37.5 weeks, I think she would have been too big if I'd make it to 40!!

Elizabeth said...

Yes! 32 weeks is great. Just a few more to go.

Christina Bassi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Bassi said...

You looked so cute at church last Sunday with your baby bump. I'm glad things are going well.