Rob and I have been very busy lately trying to get our lives and apartment in order. The past few weekends, we have been tackling project after project. I will be 34 weeks on Thursday, and that means I have about 3-3.5 weeks till the stitch comes out(after that the baby could come any time. It will be funny if she holds out till 40 after all this). Needless to say, we are running out of time to get everything done.
Poor Rob, I am limited in what I can do, but I try to help out where I can. My new motto is: "LESS IS MORE." I have always been a fan of minimalism. We have been de-junking, re-arranging, and organizing like mad. Since we will probably be in our place for at least the next 2 years or more, we wanted to take advantage of getting every thing in order before one more is added to our family.
Two weeks ago, Rob and I bought new couches... we found an amazing sale, and a style that we really loved--- contemporary, but classic and comfortable. We realized that this was a deal that we could not pass up. After rearranging our living room, and buying 2 light fixtures, a couple of square frames and an accent cover pillow, this is our result. Can I just say? We love it!
Here is a little tour:
Off to the right when you walk through out door.
View from the front door
Living Room from different angles
Kitchen
All we did was add a square frame with a photograph of the nauvoo temple.
Porch
Rob was so nice and decked out our porch with lots of plants and flowers. It was super nice to be able to sit out on the porch to "get out of the house," when I couldn't do much anything else. It looks super green now, but it was really beautiful when the flowers were in full bloom. As you can tell, we still need to tidy it up a bit. But I can't complain to much, because it was a breath of fresh air when I was trapped inside all day!
4 comments:
hey girl I LOVE the new decorating in your house!!!!!!!!! and all those new pics of the little man :)
it looks so great! I love the couch! and Benjamin is so adorable, I hope we can meet him and the little miss soon!
(ps: we have the same lamp!)
Awesome! Where did you get the picture frames & vase from in the entry way? When I go home to visit my parents, I plan on repainting & possible adding a few decorations.
I love love love the new look! Although I miss the bed being in your living room.
Post a Comment