The Children's Petting Zoo, (Personally, I thought the animals were a bit unruly-- Robert will disagree, and laughed at me being cornered by them, but I digress), and Muttin busting. To end the two hour event, we ate a corn dog and Benjamin rode a flying car. Maybe one of these years Robert and I will go see the "Real Rodeo."
While we were there,Robert and I also noted some similarities of Calgary and Houston--- the whole southern Alberta ranching/rodeo stampede and the oil biz. Yep, that's about where the similarities ends.
Robert was also lucky to go see Rascal Flats and Pre-show Rodeo stuff ( i don't know what you call it) for work. Yes, it was in his work's box and a "team building" activity. I have to laugh because spouses weren't invited and Rob didn't even know who Rascal Flats were. Maybe next year spouses will be invited :)
The Petting ZOO
Can you see how at ease and natural I feel around animals?
Feeling cornered, Benjamin and I decided to go for the more petite, docile creatures.
Benjamin and the car Ride.
Benjamin was so excited and focused while "driving" his car, he refused to give me the time of day while taking his picture.
It was a super fun day, and we all enjoyed each other's company. I think next year we will try to be better and see more of it! Benjamin had fun and little vera was so good through it all!
2 comments:
I hear ya on the rodeo petting zoo. I thought the animals were too aggressive. When I was in there with Dallin, I was really freaked, but I was trying my hardest to keep my cool so Dallin wouldn't be afraid. I especially had a hard time with the deer. Who would have thought those deer would have been so rough. One of the deers was honestly trying to eat my shirt. Yikes! Anyways, the livestock show is really fun and one of my favorite events in Houston. I would love to go to the real rodeo too. We didn't think Nathan would be up for it. Maybe next year Derek and I can go for a date.
I love the top picture of Rob with both kids hanging on him. Superdad in action. :)
Post a Comment