Benjamin & Errson-- playing with their cars at Tammys, Seattle WA June 2009
Benjamin and his cousin Errson are best buds. Errson is about 9 months older than Benjamin. Even at a young age, Benjamin would follow Errson around. As His older brother, Hendrix has observed, Errson has always been the dominant male, until recently. The boys are at a stage in life, where they are both, very much toddlers:
1)Both very busy, and very good at pushing each other's buttons.
Example:
Last weekend, we were watching the Kiersta & Ryan's kids. Both Benjamin and Errson have one thing in common--- they love their blankeys! Benjamin was carrying both of his beloved blankeys, one over each shoulder. As Benjamin was climbing up the stairs, he saw Errson's blankey. It was not hard to read Benjamin's thoughts.... he reached out, grasping at the soft blankey, thinking that it would add nicely to his own collection. Immediately, Errson comes running over in hysterics, because Benjamin was about steal his beloved.
This picture was taken in Feb at Tara's Valentine Party. Errson is trying to give Benjamin a hat to wear.
2)Currently, like most toddlers, they have a love/hate relationship. But when they are one good terms--- they are loyal to each other.
Example:
Last weekend, when I was putting Errson to bed, Ersson was upset. Benjamin, seeing that his cousin was upset, started to cry and reach for Errson. It was too cute.
Errson-- Seattle June 2009. Don't you just love that blonde hair?
3)They are both very good at getting into mischief together.
Example:
We were having dinner at Kiersta and Ryans, and the babies were having a wonderful time playing with each other upstairs in the playroom. The adults were downstairs, having an engaging conversation. After a while, I realized that I couldn't hear the babies--- which could only mean one thing... that they were up to no good. So I run up stairs to see what they were up to. They weren't in the playroom, and they weren't in Kiersta and Ryans bedroom (because the door was open and I didn't hear them), so, I figured that the babies were playing with the big kids in their room. Then, I heard some faint wailings. Panicked... I tried to find them. I finally went into the master bedroom to find the bathroom door shut. I quickly open the door to find 2 very hysteric, sweaty babies. Both had tears streaming down their faces. In the corner of my eye, I could see that the bath tub was running steamy hot water--it was like a sauna. I really don't know how long they were trapped in there.Thank goodness they both were unharmed. Once I brought the babies down, they were glued to their moms. I think it was a little traumatic for them.
I have no doubt in my mind which baby shut the door--- Benjamin loves shutting doors. He does it at home all the time, and gets upset when he gets stuck. Poor Errson had to suffer at Benjamin's expense.
It will be fun to see what other adventures these two little boys will have together...
No comments:
Post a Comment