Sunday, July 26, 2009

Favorite memories...Mommy vs. Benjamin

For a while there, I was starting to lose hope that my child would ever sit down and read a story...






Now, one of his fav things to do these days is to pull up a chair and read books.




Thank-goodness these days have past--- hopefully.

5 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Hilarious!

Emily said...

Oh these pictures are so funny. I wish I got a picture of him spinning with his blanket on his head!

Kiersta said...

So funny! He really is the best :)

Jules said...

Ok, so as usual I feel like I had a bunch to catch up on, but it was so fun!

I love that you got to see Kathy! She's always so cute when she's pregnant and it's so fun to hear that she's expecting a girl!

You're apartment is SO YOU! Your artsy-ness is just oozing from the pillows and palms! I'm not that way and so I can completely appreciate how beautiful it is when it's someone else's place! You inspire me!

Wow I can relate to little tornadoes! Now I just do damage control intermittantly and am currently in the process of trying to find a balance. I had things worked out, but when they get older...and then there's three of them it all seems a lot harder to keep up with. Thank goodness Scott doesn't care and if anything helps to chill me out about the lack of cleanliness! I had thought about doing a chore chart once we get moved over and life slows down...but maybe I'll just try your deep clean once a week method. I don't know, right now I just try to tidy a little during nap time, and then straighten everything really well before I go to bed at night so I'm waking up to a clean house. As far as cleaning bathrooms and mopping, it usually happens spur of the moment (ie the kids are contained in the bathtub, so I'll clean the bathroom...or I step in something sticky, so I'll hurry and nurse Halle if needed, throw in a movie and mop the floor while they're occupied...but I think I need a better method. ;) )

Oh, I can SO relate to the book thing. Wes was NOT into books unless there was action involved. It was really disheartening. Sticker books saved my life and really helped with vocab. When he was little though, I would usually just read to him while he ran around the room and played with his toys. I love love love reading, so it was really hard to have him not enjoy it. Liv on the other hand is really good about sitting still. So I just need to carve time out of the insanity more to actually sit down and do it. Do you ever feel as a mom and that there's so many ways you're falling short? ;)

Miss you! Thanks for the comment the other day!

Melissa said...

Hey what's your email address so in case we go private?