So, I will be honest! I am a little particular about how I like my house organized. When Benjamin was 15 months, he was running around the house and terrorizing all of my books off the bookshelf, and anything within arms reach in one swoop--- I felt that I was going to go crazy. This went on for months. Benjamin's nickname for a while was "little Tornado." I felt like all I was doing every sec of the day was damage control. Thankfully Benjamin eventually has grown out of that stage, and now will even help me tidy up! I think he started to realize that his mom likes a neat and orderly house.
I feel like if my house is not orderly, then I feel like my life is a little out of control--- and then I start to feel stressed. So, I came up with a daily chore list, where I would do certain tasks on certain days. Example: wed I clean the bathroom, Thursday I wash down the kitchen, ect. This "Home blessing" method worked for a while, but I always felt like I was cleaning, and there was one part of the house that still needed to be clean. Last week, on monday, I decided to commit 2 hours while Benjamin napped to clean the entire house, top to bottom (laundry and all). Then, the rest of the week there was minimal cleaning and maintenance. I felt like this was a pretty affective method-- Low key, and kept the house looking great.
I am always looking for new and effective ways,so, my question for all of you, what has worked best for you???
No comments:
Post a Comment