Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching Up.... A Recap

It has been a month since I have blogged. Lets just say life has been very busy since May.
The Month of May:
Two weeks before Rob left for Morocco, Benjamin was admitted to the hospital for having a super high fever. He had two Febrile seizures on that weekend, and then continued to have a temp of 104 over a couple of days. Our Peditrcian decided to admit Benjamin, so that they could hydrate him, monitor him, and keep his temp under control. After two days, benjamin was ok enough to go home. Rob and I debated whether or not we should still go on our trip to Paris, but our Dr. Re-assured us that Benjamin will be fine.

Rob went to Morocco for two weeks. We had spotted communication with him over those two weeks, and we were grateful to talk with him when we could. Rob had a wonderful time, and has lots of fun stories--

The Last week of May I flew out to Paris to meet up with Rob, and we had some fun little adventures in Southern France and Paris.

The Month of June
The day after returning from France, I got super super sick--- Lets just say that me and the bathroom became very well acquainted, on a hourly basis. Whenever I get sick (which is once in a blue moon), I always go into denial mode. I always convince myself that it will pass, and that I am fine and can fight through it, and do my normal activities. After 3 weeks of this sickness, I decided that maybe I should go to the Doctor, especially since a lot of my symptoms seemed similar to having a parasite. After all my tests came back, I was relieved to find out that I did NOT have a little friend, and that I must have had some bacterial infection. Basically after I went to the Dr, a few days later my sickness started to get better.

My birthday! I turned 26 on the 23rd of June! Rob did a great job celebrating my birthday. Rob got a babysitter and we went out for dinner at a new Italian restaurant, went to a movie (Star Trek), and then bought a Yummy Coconut Cream Pie from the Beloved House of Pies. Rob also bought for me a very nice architect/artist desk. It was a wonderful day!

That weekend, Robert and I decided to make a last trip to Seattle for Rob's Niece's wedding. We bought tickets the day before (on priceline and saved 75% of the regular price). Since our departure time was 6:30 pm for Saturday, we decided to take our chances with standby. We were hoping to make the Sealing, or even seeing her come out of the Temple-- but we knew we were pushing our luck. We went to bed super late (2am) and got up super early (4am) to get to the airport at 5am, and be the first ones on the list for Standby. The first flight was to leave at 7:30 am, if we were to make it on as stand-by, we would make the Sealing. However, when we got there, we found out that they had overbooked ALL of the flights to Seattle that day by 5 people. Talk about depressing. We were so close to getting onto that flight... but alas, it didn't work out. They had even called our name... but a last min passenger showed up. I have never in my life hoped so much that someone would miss their flight. The Second flight for Seattle was to fly out at 8:30 am. Might I add Benjamin was such a trooper and a happy kid throughout this whole thing. Long story short, we made it onto that flight. The whole time I was sitting on the edge of my seat..... I felt like I was watching the final play of the BYU football game VS. U of U, where there were 5 mins left and Beck throws a hail mary-- you ALL know which game I am talking about right? well thats how I felt. Needless to say, we made it to the temple, and surprised everyone while they were taking pictures. We had a wonderful weekend with Robs family, and Benjamin LOVED LOVED their dog, blitzer.



The month of July

After we got back from Seattle, I could tell that I was fighting off some kind of chest cold. I thought that once again, it would pass within a few days.... but it didn't. Again, I got super sick! Again, I was in denial. One day, I even did all of my chores--- laundry from the trip, cleaned the bathroom, ect, and felt pretty proud of myself! However, the Next day, I was so tired and sick , that I couldn't even get out of bed. I felt like such a bum. Rob, bless his heart is trying to write his Thesis, and for three days, he took care of Benjamin because I was too sick. I finally went to the Dr, because what I had was not getting better. Waiting in the Dr office was a feat for me, because I was so sick. Anyway, after 3 days of being on an antibiotic, I was good as new.

On the 15th of July, Rob and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary! Because our trip to France was kind of our anniversary celebration, we had a more low-key celebration. However, we did go to see Harry Potter! Which I love those stories, and I enjoyed the movie-- but can I say I was a little disappointed. I felt that they left out some major plot lines-- oh well, it still was enjoyable.

Now, currently, Rob is working day and night on his Thesis paper. His goal is to be done and defend around the end of August. Its going to be a close one--- but I think he can do it! He has been working so hard and he is a clever kid! So, lately, I have been busy taking care of Benjamin, making meals, cleaning, laundry ect. Rob's been working from home, so for the past couple of days I have been taking Benjamin to the Children's Museum-- which he loves.
Well this is what is new with us! I will try to be better about blogging, but the times in which I get the computer are very far and few these days.

1 comment:

Katie Kennington said...

Laura, I am sorry to hear you have been sick so much lately. That is no fun and it is so much harder when you have a little one to take care of. Benjamin sounds like an angel helper though. That is awesome.

I have been feeling like the ultimate lazy bum lately. We have been in Germany for over a week now and all I have done is watch movies and cook some dinners and play with Elsa. I cannot wait till baby number two comes, then I will be busy. I only have one more month.

Anyway, we are missing you guys. It is great to see pics of your cute house and cute son. We love you!