Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Big Brother





Benjamin is living well up to his responsibilities of being the big brother. He LOVES his little sister. Even from the first moment they met. Everyday he asks where baby sister is. He is quick to share his toys with her and comfort her when she is upset. Tonight he asked for baby sister to lay in bed with him.





Benjamin sharing his dinosaur with her.



Benjamin is very protective of her. When Rob Brought Benjamin to the hospital to visit, he was almost more eager to see the baby than me. He even got upset when the nurses took his sister into the nursery. Benjamin was crying for his baby sister through the glass while they were taking care of her.

We have only had one moment of Jealousy. Rob had Benjamin help choose the car seat for baby sister. Benjamin was all excited for her to sit in the car seat, saying:"baby sit in the car seat." Until, it was time to leave and she actually had to sit in it, he started crying saying it was his car seat. Oh well. He got over it.


Benjamin Loves his sister, and for the most part he is adjusting well to everything.( I do think it helped that Baby sister brought Benjamin a Big yellow balloon, gum and a match box tractor. Nothing like winning his heart)

Its funny though, if there is any malice about the baby its directed toward Rob and I in the form of "not listening" to us and doing things he knows he's not supposed to. But, really? for what this kid has been through the past couple of months, and this new change he's doing really well. I am also crossing my finger that potty training does not regress. So far so good. in fact, he likes to show off his potty training skills to anyone who is around--- especially baby sister. Vera is so lucky to have such a wonderful big brother as Benjamin. I think they will be very good friends :)

Here are some pictures that I think are just sweet.
















3 comments:

Esther said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you all!

Melanie said...

Look how tiny Vera is compared to Benji! How very sweet. Great pics and beautiful kids. Yeah for baby sister!!

Christina Bassi said...

How sweet.