Monday, July 19, 2010

No Baby yet.

So I am almost 39 weeks! I almost find this humorous at this point. After all the scare and drama with this pregnancy, you would think my odds would be that I would have had her after the stitch came out right? I mean, come on, I even was lucky to pass a kidney stone once it came out, but still no baby. I mean, don't get me wrong, we feel so blessed, so very blessed that we have gotten her past 37 weeks. But after being on bed rest for 15 weeks, my body feels like its going to snap apart any second. (In comparison) If this was the same pregnancy with Benjamin, I would have had him this morning.


Anyway, Last week at my 38 week appointment, my Dr. told me that I was 3 cm dialted and 80 percent effaced. She even told me that she highly thought that I wouldn't make it to my next appointment, and that baby would be coming soon. (Ha! Since, its almost tuesday, I think that I will make it to my next appointment). She then asked me how far away the hospital was for us--- its about 20 mins away with no traffic (which in houston, you never know, and I pray that she doesn't decide to come during rush hour, or we might have a baby in the car). She told me that as soon as I had contractions 7 mins apart, i needed to come in asap. My labor with Benjamin was pretty fast (9hours, start to finish) so, I am assuming once the contractions hit, this little girl would come out pretty fast as well. But who knows, NOTHING with this pregnancy has gone with the norm. She also told me that she would break my water next week if I still hadn't had the baby. I have mixed feelings about that, I kind of wish that she would come on her own, but at the same time, if I progress any further and have even slight contractions I really could not make it in time to the hospital for my antibiotics ect. I don't think ROb would feel comfortable delivering her, so... we will see,



Anyway, on the way home from my Dr. appointment Benjamin felt super hot to Rob and I. B ended up having a seizure in the car,turned utterly blue and was not breathing. We were lucky to be close enough to the my Dr.'s office where the Er is, and took him in. Poor kid, he eventually started breathing--- he was choking on vomit. It was so sad to see him like that, and it took him a long time to come out. I hate it when he has seizures. The kid had a temperature of 103.5, that was AFTER The seizure, so it must of spiked up super fast. We had the most incompetent ER Dr who knew nothing about seizures or children. He took some blood tests and an x-rays (didn't give us any results) and said we could go home if we felt comfortable enough. I was so fed up with this dr's lack of knowledge about anything I couldn't wait to get out of there. We took B to his Dr (who I love), and found out the blood test results, that B (on top of his double ear infection that he was being treated), had a virus, and junk in his lungs. Thank-you ER dr for sharing that info with us! So glad that I paid the 100 buck copay (which I am mad that they charged us for, bc we have never had to pay a co-pay for the ER), and for wasting 4 hours of our lives in your incompetent care.


B at the Er

Anyway, B is doing much better. It just breaks my heart that he even has to go through those. Every time, I just pray he will be ok...
So, its probably a good thing that Baby sister did not decide to grace us with her presence since B was a little under the weather.

So... to sum it up:
no baby yet. No contractions at all. B is doing much better.

2 comments:

Mila Amorim said...

Hey Laura, that's great that you are almost 39 weeks! I had to be induced but everthing went really well! I hope your baby comes this week! Can't wait to see pics of her! We are doing well and are so happy to finally have alice with us! I am glad B liked the pics too! =) Hope everything goes well for u this week!

Jalei & Lane said...

Poor baby! I'm surprised that little episode didn't cause you to go into labor right then! I sure hope your daughter won't be prone to seizures as well.