Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vera Rose Weight



We chose the name Vera, for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, because it is a family name, which I have always loved. It is the the name of my fathers mother. I have never met my fathers mother, because she died when my father was 13. However, I have always loved her name.
Secondly, we chose the name because of what it means. Vera in Russian means faith.
We felt strongly that was what her name was supposed to be as a reminder to her of the faith of others in her behalf during my pregnancy and her delivery.
We have seen lots of miracles in her behalf and feel very grateful that everything has worked out so well, and feel lucky to even to be able to have Vera in our family.

Rose is also a family name. It is Rob's mothers middle name. We thought that the two names went well together.


Thank-you again, for your prayers, thoughts and support. We know it is because of the prayers and faith of others that we have been able to get our baby girl here----healthy and full term.




15 comments:

Brooke and Josh said...

Laura! Congratulations on such a beautiful baby girl! I'm so glad you named her Vera- she looks like a Vera. She is sooo adorable. I hope you're doing well and I want to come visit you sometime soon!

Jalei & Lane said...

She is perfect! I love her name. Can't wait to meet her in person! Are you doing alright?

Carissa said...

Vera is so beautiful! congratulations!! I hope you're feeling great and getting some sleep =)

Rosie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Hope you're adjusting to the mommy-of-two role well. On bad days (and there will be bad days) just remember that it gets easier and they're worth it. :)

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations Laura! She is so beautiful. Looks like all your bed rest paid off. I can't believe she stayed in till 39 weeks. We are so happy she is finally here and both of you are healthy. Can't wait to met Vera.

Jules said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations!

Whitney said...

What a little Dolly! She is adorable! she looks similar to Benjamin but like a girl version. So glad she is here and healthy and you are doing well too! Congrats! We love you guys!

Tara said...

She is so beautiful. Ella is happy the dinosaur has been put to good use. We are grateful she is here!

Tara said...

She is so beautiful. Ella is happy the dinosaur has been put to good use. We are grateful she is here!

Susan said...

So cute! Congratulations! Thanks for all the updates. I hope everything works out well with our little girl too.

Bexie Funk said...

congrats! i'm so glad you made it all the way to 39 weeks, she's beautiful!

HJolley said...

What a beautiful girl! Congrats, guys! I hope we see each other sometime!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

She's gorgeous! I have always loved the name Vera also. I met so many great Veras on my mission. I think it's the perfect name.

The Rowes said...

Congratulations. We are so happy that everything went well. The name is beautiful.

Lindsey said...

Awww love hearing your reasons for the name :)