Well, we finally made it to 37 weeks and I could not be more happy!
Last week my Dr told me that she was super excited, and that honestly, she really never knew if I would make it this far! (I kind of figured that). She then told me she will take the credit, but really, sometimes these things are just meant to work out. It was kind of a sobering reminder of how lucky we really are to have made it this far and everyday I am thankful for that.
Tuesday night we ended up heading to the hospital. I was having a ton of back pain and other things, so the on call Dr. wanted us to come in. Lo and behold, I had a UTI/Kidney infection starting (hence all the other symptoms that go along with it). They kept me over night to just watch things, because I was having contractions (which I didn't even know I was). Everything was fine, and in the morning my Dr. came and took the stitch out a day early (since I was already 37 weeks and already at the hospital). It is such a relief to have that stitch out. Now I don't have to worry about going in to labor with it in and its nice to feel like a normal pregnant person, and be able to do normal things without feeling bad that I am putting my baby at risk.
It wasn't to bad to have it taken out... better than I thought. Its crazy when you see how a small stitch (its like 3 cm long and 2 cm thick) could hold it together for so long.
Anyway,I don't think this sweet girl will be coming in the next 48 hours... When my doctor took the stitch out, I was only 70% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated and she was at -2 station. Unless things change quickly, I don't think she will be making an appearance soon. Least we know that stitch did its job!
I am ok if she doesn't come in the next few days, since I don't feel to well from my UTI/Kidney infection. Benjamin isn't well either, I took him to the Doctor today, and apparently the poor kid has an ear infection in both ears. That would explain why he has been so emotional/cranky/tired the past few days!
As the time approaches closer, I am starting to feel super nervous about this delivery. I haven't thought to much about anything else but keeping this baby in me, and now I am realizing she could come anytime now. I told Rob the other day that I almost feel like I've never delivered a baby before. Benjamin was so easy. I woke up in the middle of the night, my water broke, went to the hospital, contractions started, had Benjamin from start to finish in 9.5 hours. Easy. I remember even thinking after having him that I could do that again.
With this one? I have no clue what to expect. Part of me hopes that it will be as easy as Benji's was... but I doubt that. Everything already with this pregnancy hasn't been the norm nor easy! Wish me luck none the less.
1 comment:
UGH! UTI/Kidney infections are the worst. I've only had the UTI. But my sister had a kidney infection during her pregnancy & had to have one of the stones surgically removed. I hope you're not in too much pain!
Post a Comment