Benjamin is growing up so fast and learning so many things. Its like since he’s been potty trained he has matured in so many ways. Benjamin right now is so interested in learning. Every day he constantly talks---- sometimes I can’t even understand what he is saying because he is talking so fast but often its about cars, planes, Thomas the engine, books we have read recently, numbers, letters, and what sound they make. Its like his mind has opened up and it just wants to be filled. I notice that he is also interested in routine, patterns, and rules. He also has started to sing songs. The other day I heard him singing Bob the builder. We never watch that show, so not to sure how he knows it. Anyway, its fun for me, because for so long he has been focused on his physical development and now he’s interested in more intellectual things.
I have been such a slacker since Vera’s been born and haven’t done much school time with him. However, now that he is older, and seems ready to learn more, I need to get my life in gear and take advantage of his eagerness to learn. So…. Right now I’m just gathering up lots of activities, information and games to help him learn new concepts. Anyway, I’m looking for an actually curriculum/textbook (to save on time), so if anyone has any suggestions I’m for it.
Anyway, Benjamin is so creative. HE amazes me. I love his imagination! It is incredible what he thinks of. Today while I was busy putting away dishes, Benjamin walks into the kitchen with this:
An tells me to “look at his airplane” he just made. Pretty good eh?
And... He wears the "Bob the builder hat" his cousin Isacc gave him everyday. In fact, he just got up from his nap and grabbed the hat to put it back on! What a funny little kid.
3 comments:
That's so funny he knows that song & he's never watched the show.
What a smartie pants! I'm doing a curriculum with Brielle, and I really like it. It's called "Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready." We don't do all the activities in order, but it does give some good ideas. You might like to check it out.
That's an impressive plane!
Post a Comment