Thursday, September 9, 2010

This week...

This week the kids and I have all been sick. Hopefully we will be all on the mend soon. I feel like we have been to the Doctor way to much the past 6 months or so-- and I am crossing my fingers that once I get through this cold and all my kidney stone surgeries that I will not have to go to Doctor for a very long time. Usually I never am the one that is sick, but lately that's not the case.


Over the Weekend.
Last weekend Rob and I (and vera) went to the Rice and UT football game--- compliments of his company, BHP. They have a box and invite the rice alumni to any rice games, so of course Rob and I jumped at the chance to see a college football game.


Sunday night we had some friends over for dinner. It was fun to do that, since we have been the worst friends ever, and not have had people over for what seems like years. We are trying to be better about that, especially since things are less crazy in our house.

Vera Is 2 months old



Vera is 8 weeks old now. I still can't believe it. She has grown so much. She had to visit the Dr yesterday because she had a fever and apparently she has a virus. Poor thing. Rob said that the nurses had a hard time getting blood from her, and that it was a messy affair and she was quite upset. She weighs 11 lbs now! Which is almost double her birth weight. Vera is super alert and loves to smile at us. She is also way less fussy! Hallelujah!I think what most of her problem was that she was swallowing a ton of air when she was feeding which caused her a ton of tummy troubles. Now she is a pro, and hardly gulps air. It makes our life so much easier. She is also sleeping in longer stretches, about 4-5 hours, which feels awesome for mommy and daddy.



Benjamin and daddy

A couple of weekends ago, Rob bought a bike seat for Benjamin. We both had one as a kid and both have fond memories of riding with our dads in the back of their bikes. Benjamin loves his Bike seat and helmet! Rob and Benjamin have already used it a lot, and like to bike to the park or around the neighborhood.




Benjamin has also been having a lot of fun with cardboard boxes lately. I love how creative he is with random things!






Benjamin Helping Daddy take care of Vera

When I had my kidney stuff, I couldn't feed Vera because of the pain medication... so benjamin loved to help feed vera a bottle :)


1 comment:

Jules said...

You're a trooper! Hang in there girl! Your kids are ADORABLE!